Still haven't received my 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Waggins, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Waggins macrumors newbie

Ordered sprint 4s on the 14th at BestBuy Mobile.

Received several emails telling me it's not shipped yet. One told me to call 888-best-buy to discuss picking it up at another location, etc. got the runaround on the phone. Went to the store yesterday to inquire, and the girl tells me "nobody has it. We're just waiting for apple to ship them. Apple always does this."

I realize this phone is very popular, but seriously? Wtf?

Am I missing something? Should I cancel my order and try somewhere else? Is it worth the effort to try the apple store (which isn't close) or another retailer?

The lack of similar threads on this forum leads me to believe that people are not having problems finding the phones in stock, and that BB is just being dicks.

2. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

If it hasn't shipped yet and you can still cancel, it might be best to cancel and order via the Apple online store or reserve one for pick-up via the online store. Current shipping estimates are 1-2 weeks for shipping. That's not great but it might be better than what you're experiencing via Best Buy.

3. nfl46 macrumors 603

Sorry to bring the news to you, but there are people who ordered on the 7th who still haven't gotten their device. Its going to take nearly a month for you to get it, just like the rest of us. My e-mail said it'll take 21-28 days for me and I'm with AT&T. Yes, the phone is THAT popular.

4. Waggins thread starter macrumors newbie

So nobody has them in stock, then. Right? I mean. I don't expect anybody to know conclusively, but in everybody's general experience, you can't just walk in and buy one without having to order and wait weeks?

5. nfl46 macrumors 603

We don't know about availability in your area. Some have them, some don't. The only thing you can do is call all the Sprint stores, Wal-Marts, Targets, Best Buys, Apple Stores, etc. and check to see if they have any in stock. If they do, then cancel your preorder and pick one up in the store.

6. Waggins thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. It makesme feel better to know that I'm not the only one.

I'll have to call around. I've checked websites for local availability. Nobody seems to have one. The apple store app doesn't even let me order one. It directs me to reserve one for in store pickup, and then it won't let me because the stores don't have them in stock.

Guess I'll just have to be patient.

7. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

That's what happens when you order through Best buy.

8. Waggins thread starter macrumors newbie

You're right. I've had bad experiences with them in the past. But, I also most recently had them go above and beyond and do something for me that they certainly didn't have to, and I wasn't expecting. I figured I'd give them another chance...

9. julianbdavis macrumors member

julianbdavis

The wait times are really incredible, it's amazing how much demand has outstripped Apple's ability to supply. They really should have seen this coming.

I had mine ordered from Apple.com, it wasn't scheduled for delivery until mid November (ordered on the 19th). I cancelled my order, got my eligibility reversed the same morning (AT&T) and that night I went to the Apple site to reserve a phone for pick up. Was able to get the size I wanted but not the color (had to get white, which isn't so bad). Picked up my phone the next day after a 2 hour wait in line.

So it's just about getting lucky and being in the right place where they have the one you want at the store you can buy from and getting it reserved. Or being patient to have yours shipped directly from the factory.

10. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Apple Store is your best bet for finding one "in stock", where you can reserve on-line the night before. But even if they have phones, they may not have a specific color/capacity. Generally speaking if you want 16GB you will have a harder time finding it, the 32GB and 64GB seem to be a little easier.

Personally I ordered my 64GB White at my AT&T store, 21-28 days. My iPhone 4 is still working fine so no particular rush. It'll get here when it gets here.

11. ijohnbro macrumors regular

Probably find an iPhone 3GS in stock. Even for free. Hell I would go that route in a jiffy.

12. Waggins thread starter macrumors newbie

IM going to have to be patient.

No stores in my state have ANY in stock, 16, 32, 64 , white, black. At least not according to apple.

I don't have time to go driving around looking.

I certainly don't want a 3GS.

I'm also waiting on 2 phones, one for myself, one for the wife.

I have a phone (Motorola droid... Don't laugh) but I hate it. I'm not dying for a phone, I'm just excited to have a good one already.

13. Waggins thread starter macrumors newbie

Update

Sent a couple emails to best buy customer service. Got an auto-reply, and then a real human who said she couldn't find my order... I RE-sent the order number, and forwarded the confirmation email to her, and I've received nothing...

I decided to stop at the sprint store near work on my lunch break today. Talked to the guy, told him I was looking to switch to Sprint, and get a white and a black 16gb 4s for the family plan. He tells me they don't have any available, but he will call me when they do. Could be as early as Saturday, maybe Monday. We trade business cards, and I thank him and leave.

Half hour later, he calls me and tells me they've got the phones I want, and he'll hold them until tomorrow when I can make it in.

TLDR - best buy cant deliver after 3weeks, sprint store delivers in less than 1 hour.