STILL - Limited Supplies of iPhone 5S.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vmaniqui, Oct 29, 2013.

1. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

it's been more than a month since they launched iPhone 5S in USA and yet supplies is scarce in Apple Stores. iPad Air and Mini 2 is due for release next month so i wonder what will it look like. Anyone getting their iPhone 5S at any Apple Stores ? shipping still shows 2-3 weeks. what gives ? will this be a recurring thing every time they release a new iPhone. i tried checking the NorCal Apples Stores once in a while and see limited supples of iPhone 5S. i can see a handful of silver but gold is NADA since Sep 20.

2. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Shipping also 2 to 3 weeks for online for my order, but just got a noticed of my iPhone being shipped today, and that was 2 weeks earlier than expected. Depending on color I guess, but if you buy from Apple online, even if it states two to three weeks, it may ship much sooner.

3. ljusmc macrumors member

All the Apple stores were too packed to have them but various retailers and a couple AT&T stores had them. I'm in SoCal

4. AndrewS macrumors member

I walked in to my ATT store 2 days ago and got a Space Gray 64GB no problem. Didn't ask what other colors/sizes they have but my guess is that Best Buy/Verizon/ATT/Sprint/T-Mobile are more likely to have a 5s than the Apple store.

5. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

If you want gold you will still have to wait.

6. Scott7975 macrumors 6502

I live in Buffalo, NY, but I bet this applies for a lot of states and cities....

Check Target. A lot of people don't realize that Target does phones, contracts, and upgrades. On a whim I checked target last night and picked up my iPhone. They had all of them in stock including the gold ones. No one else, anywhere around here including bordering states had anything in stock. I would have had to wait 2 weeks to over a month depending on which color.

You can check right on their website if they have them. I would still call to double check though.

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

It HAS been a recurring thing since the iPhone 3G. And unless and until someone makes a device that's more popular, it's probably going to be this way every release. There are millions of people who are thinking just like you, trying to angle the system and get one quick, and that's part of what's causing all this frenzy.

I don't play the line-up-at-the-store game anymore, and the last phone I lined up for was the 3G. Now I just buy online, and accept that it gets here when it gets here. And so far, it's worked out pretty well: if I don't get it on launch day, I usually get it within a month of launch day. And I'm not sitting here at the end of October wondering when the lines are going to subside and the scalpers are going to move on to something else.

8. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

What time are you checking - early morning both walnut creek and emeryville have golds daily

9. krspkbl macrumors 6502

krspkbl

Same here in the UK. My local store is completely out of 5S (sim free) stock. They only have stock for people wanting to take out a contract.

I'm giving it another week or so for stock to come in and if I haven't got a 5S then I'll just get a nice white 5C :)

10. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

It amazes me that the manufacturers retail stores cant sufficiently stock their own products

11. LV426 macrumors 6502a

You can't just magic a hundred million gadgets into existence over a few weeks. And neither can Apple. So it's not so amazing, really.

If Apple had stockpiled enough phones to meet the initial demand, people would be moaning that they weren't being released soon enough.

12. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

I am not saying that at all. There are loads of phones available everywhere through the carriers if you are on contract. Its a different matter if you want to buy the phone outright

13. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

Plenty of stock in so California apple stores except gold.

Limited 16 GB though.

14. M87 macrumors 65816

I ordered my gold 5S on the 25th and it will be here on Halloween. Not bad IMO.

15. vmaniqui thread starter macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

I usually check 1-2am. And couldn't find the gold 5s.

----------

But wouldn't we all think that after more than a month I could just go into an apple store and get any iPhone 5s?

16. eecyclone macrumors regular

eecyclone

I was able to find a 32gb iphone 5S black and a 16gb iphone 5S silver in stock at my local best buy. Both on verizon but they had other carriers and sizes available as well. No gold though.

17. Neil Doherty macrumors newbie

With Apple's plan to have the 5S on sale in 100 nations by December stock will remain scarce, probably for longer than the iPhone 5. Last year I purchased via the store which required using the tedious reservation system... I think it took around a month! There's no sign of improvement, 16 more countries will get the iPhone 5S on 1st November, 26 more got it on the 25th. I know here in the United Kingdom the stores are getting limited stock, but there are usually groups of people outside the store very early to get the tickets for them.

18. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

saw a gold 32 on the shelf at the local Verizon store the other day but yet online orders are not shipping till after NOV 11th:rolleyes:

19. rockitdog Suspended

It's called preceived demand. Ship lower quantities to increased the perception of the demand make it seems like more people are trying get this than actually are.

20. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

This is as stupid as when people tried to apply it to the Wii, no company is losing millions in revenue to create an air of scarcity.

21. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

how does the ticket system work in the UK then because the Apple stores don't always get stock until around midday and they don't know what stock they are receiving until they open it in the afternoon

22. rockitdog Suspended

STILL - Limited Supplies of iPhone 5S.

Really? You think Apple was blindsided by the popularity of the 5S? They could have easily have produced enough to meet the demands of the consumer. Many companies do this to keep the demand high especially heading into the holiday season which is another strategy of Apple.

And who says Apple is losing millions?

23. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

If you are in Northern NJ/NYC area the new NANUET NY Apple Store on RT59 (just over the NJ line in Rockland County) had all types of 5S's this morning (even gold). No line, walked in and walked out in 5 minutes at 10am opening with the black 32gig VZW phone I wanted for my wife.

The word must have got out quickly because as I was leaving the gangs were moving in in force and the line started building up. The NJ store I stopped at on the way up to Nanuet NY at around 8:30AM already had the gangs queued up yet Nanuet was totally empty at 10AM. Maybe because Nanuet is an outdoor mall and the Apple store is brand new so it isn't well known unlike the older indoor mall stores.

My only gripe was I had to pay 1.4% more in sales tax in NY than in NJ. :) At least my wife is now happy and that makes me happy when she is happy. ;)

24. Indecisi0n macrumors regular

Indecisi0n

Who cares? I have mine and that's all that matters

25. garya73 macrumors 6502