Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
I know that many folks didn't care for the dynamic wallpapers because of battery consumption, but I thought they were kinda neat. I presume there have been no changes? Did we get anymore wallpapers besides floating circles?

ipodfreek

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2014
I know that many folks didn't care for the dynamic wallpapers because of battery consumption, but I thought they were kinda neat. I presume there have been no changes? Did we get anymore wallpapers besides floating circles?

Nope. Same stale dynamic wallpapers. I wish they would offer a tool to make them.

dof250

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2014
Nope. Same stale dynamic wallpapers. I wish they would offer a tool to make them.

I think its too soon to say there won't be any changes to the dynamic wallpapers.. Such changes are kept for the final release, just like the new ringtones in iOS 7. They keep them out until final release.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I think its too soon to say there won't be any changes to the dynamic wallpapers.. Such changes are kept for the final release, just like the new ringtones in iOS 7. They keep them out until final release.

Hope you are right.

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011

Good to hear. I was presuming that the small backlash they caused for battery consumption pushed dynamic wallpapers to the wayside. Really weird that Apple would give us 6 different colors of the same wallpaper and have no way to add more.

dof250

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2014
Good to hear. I was presuming that the small backlash they caused for battery consumption pushed dynamic wallpapers to the wayside. Really weird that Apple would give us 6 different colors of the same wallpaper and have no way to add more.

They're slowly opening up iOS.. Give them some time.. They will come

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.