Still not sure if I'll have to call ATT or not

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Todthebod, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Todthebod macrumors member

Used my wife's upgrade to order a 4s from apple.com to replace my 3s. Does anyone know if I'll have to call ATT to get everything set up? I know they'll probably be overloaded. I think I've read if I were going from a 4 to a 4s I could just swap out the sim, but the 3s uses a different size sim doesn't it?

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I really don't know, but I do know that calling (or going down to the store) doesn't really take that long. I had to do it a couple of years ago, and it was pretty straightforward.

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Can't swap the SIM because they are different sizes. I would just pop into the nearest AT&T store, they'll probably give you a new SIM free or perhaps a nominal (like $10) fee.

4. gnagy macrumors regular

I don't know if you'll have to call them or not, but there's nothing wrong with what you did. There are 4 people on my phone account, and I did the same thing. An AT&T person told me there's nothing wrong with buying a phone for someone else, and swapping it once it ships.

5. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

Google "micro sim template" and trim your sim down to fit in the 4S. That way when it arrives, you can just pop your Sim in and no phone calls or visits to AT&T needed. Ive had my sim like that since moving from the 3GS to the 4 and I'll do the same thing when the 4S comes in buti won't have to cut it down this time.

6. egeek84 macrumors 6502

egeek84

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I went to the ATT store this week and got some new SIM cards. Now i'm set for when the iPhone4s arrives :)

7. Todthebod thread starter macrumors member

LOL I had 3gs typed but it didn't look right. That's bad that I can't remember what my phone is.