Still photos flicker and look terrible after exporting from FCE.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by HarryPot, Aug 11, 2010.

1. HarryPot macrumors 6502a

I'm making a video mostly of still photos. The problem is, when I export the movie from FCE, either in my Mac or in the TV, all the photos "flicker" when there is some ken burn effects present.

I even used the anti-flickerng filter, but to no good results. It looked the same.

Anyone knows how to fix this problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated.:)

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Can you post the exact and detailed CLIP, SEQUENCE and EXPORT settings?

Have you used an interlaced sequence setting or a progressive one? Have you de-interlaced during the export?

3. HarryPot thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sure.

- First, the timeline in which the video was done was in AIC.
    - The export setting where using QuickTime Conversion in QuickTime Movie Format

Then I clicked in Options and selected:
    - Compression Type: H.264 (Also tried with AIC)
    - Quality: Best (In AIC used 720p)
    - I also made a try using a slight Blur Filter, to see if it worked reducing the flickering.
    - As a final try, I exported as a QuickTime Movie, without any conversion, and used iDVD to burn to a DVD.

In the TV I watched the movie from the DVD and from the exported QuickTime Conversion file, using my Apple TV and my PS3.

The photos come from a RAW file, and I re-sized them to fit 2000x2000 pixels. I also gave them a slight blur.

As for your last question, I'm not sure what you mean with interlaced or progressive.:eek:

Thanks for the help.:)

4. HarryPot thread starter macrumors 6502a