Still "Preparing for Shipment"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by domodazzzle, Sep 17, 2012.

1. domodazzzle macrumors member

Ordered 08:20ish (GMT) on launch day but still says Preparing for Shipment even though the delivery date is on the 21st. Seems along way for the phone to go in 4 days considering it hasn't left the factory yet? :p

Maybe I'm just not patient enough, anyone elses still preparing for shipping that have delivery on the 21st?

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Most of us are in the same boat. It will arrive on the 21st. Just leave it.

3. domodazzzle thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I know that but I've heard that there are some batches of iPhone 5's already in warehouses in the US so they'll be shipped closer to the date as they'll only need a domestic overnight flight to their destination. Where as all the UK orders seem to be coming from China which will take alot longer than coming from inside the same country :p

4. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

I have absolutely no idea where my iPhone is - for all I know, it could already be in the UK, which seems logical, unless mine ships today.

5. VDubb macrumors 6502

With the iPhone 4S, mine didn't ship until either Tuesday or Wednesday, and managed to arrive from China to my house by Friday.

- VDubb

6. domodazzzle thread starter macrumors member

Same here, I've tried the UPS / Fedex referance tracking with both my phone number and my order number and I've had no luck so far :3

7. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

8. commad macrumors member

I did the UPS reference check with my phone number.
    It shows my phone has been in Addison, Illinois since yesterday.
    Delivery date of 9/21

9. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Unfortunately, that method doesn't even work for non US customers.

10. Starbuckpga macrumors regular

Yep same here. Not even close to sweating this one out. I am sure most phones will begin their moves on either Tuesday or Wednesday and will make the Friday delivery.

If people are so concerned for their order to arrive Friday, then I truly feel sorry for them.

11. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Who did you order thru?

12. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

The mods have graciously prepared 6 (!) sticky threads for your preorder discussion "needs". But of course, this is not good enough for this VIP thread.

13. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Did you try DHL?

14. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Dude.

Relax. Last year mine didn't ship out of China (per the tracking at least) until like Wednesday morning.

Fedex and UPS get things where they need to be, especially when Apple says so.

If it says the 21st, you'll get it on the 21st.

15. The Bronx Bull macrumors member

I'm actually pretty concerned. The iPhone delivers Friday, September 21st, and the morning of September 22nd at 6AM I'm moving (for good) from Tucson, AZ to Alexandria, VA. :rolleyes:

Imaging if it DIDN'T come on that Friday, and my phone was stuck at my apartment complex in limbo :eek:

16. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Mine is on the plane and still has the same status. Last year I didn't get a single status update but it still showed up on time. :confused:

In other words, don't worry.

17. Starbuckpga macrumors regular

Well for one if I were you, I'd "pre-sign" and have the courier leave it at the front office of your apartment complex for you to pick up at your convenience. Also know this isn't Apple's first time at the rodeo, they know what they are doing.

Worse case the phone doesn't come, nothing a quick call to the courier can't fix. I'm sure they'd be happy to forward onto your new address. Or if it gets stuck at your apartment complex somehow, then leave $15.00 with a manager and kindly ask them to re-ship it for you. But I think it wouldn't come to this.

Enjoy your new phone on Friday when you have it in your hands.

18. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

Using the reference method on UPS.com, mine shows it is still in China as of yesterday. I live in StL. Says its on time for the 21st

:( I was hoping to be lucky and get it early, I wonder how many people will get it early this year.

ADDITIONAL: I am not a patient person.

19. The Bronx Bull macrumors member

Most definitely. I planned on doing all of the above. But really, I wouldn't have had it shipped here if I didn't trust Apple in delivering it on that day (I know they will).

20. chrisfromalbany macrumors 6502

my iphone 4S was in the same deal was sitting in a warehouse in Texas that week.. think this case with two I have ordered as well. in preparing to be shipped but there is an warehouse in Texas or Nashville. lol.