STM Alley Bag + be.ez LArobe Sleeve for MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by captan, Jun 10, 2007.

1. captan macrumors member

2. dcv macrumors G3

I love both those items you've chosen... but they might not quite fit together...

I've got a 12" PowerBook and I have a Tucano second skin sleeve and the STM Baby Brink bag. If the padding inside the STM Alley is anything like the Brink then to be honest you don't really need the sleeve. When the PowerBook is inside the sleeve it's an incredibly snug fit in the bag.

That LArobe sleeve is great, it's really well padded. I bought my sister one for her iBook and it's a much better sleeve than the Tucano one I have. BUT because it's so padded I think you'll find it very difficult getting it inside the STM bag.

3. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

Those two products are pretty much meant to be used separately. The STM bag to carry around your laptop in it's own case, and the be.ez is to protect your laptop if you were to carry it on it's own under your arm or inside a larger non-laptop bag.

4. captan thread starter macrumors member

I guess I should just get the bag then. I can always buy the sleeve later for extra protection if it turns out there is enough room for it in there.

5. shipdestroyer macrumors 6502

Yeah, the STM bag wouldn't work well with a sleeve, but it protects the computer pretty well on its own.

6. DA-Steve macrumors regular

ive got a similar STM bag and a gecko sleave from geckogear.com.au, they compliment each other perfectly IMO..

7. timerollson macrumors 65816

I have the STM Loft Bag for the Macbook. I like the thing. I wish there was more room for more books, as I am a college student, but it serves its purpose if I'm ONLY carrying the Macbook around.

8. 88888888 macrumors 6502a