stolen guitar

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rhoydotp, Jun 19, 2011.

1. rhoydotp macrumors 6502

rhoydotp

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

3. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

^^^ no kidding. I hope he gets his guitar back.

4. 184550 Guest

Surely if that's your life/ profession, all the instruments/ equipment was insured?

I appreciate the sentimental value but let's hope he was smart enough to insure $50k worth of stuff.

5. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

To a musician, an instrument doesnt have a monetary value. I've been playing guitar for a few years now and if some of my equipment was stolen i would gladly give up all of the insurance money to get my old, battered gear back rather than buy new, better equipment.

6. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Surely you jest! Dedicated musicians focus on making music, rather than on making money (to pay insurance).

See: starving artist

7. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

Seems you have great expectations to human beings. Why is that? I gave up getting disappointed in them long time ago.

OP: Sorry to hear about the loss of your guitar. I hope you will get it back.

8. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

We as a species spend a lot of time patting ourselves on the back about being superior. Yea, yea, it's all relative compared to the critters, still, I expect more because we have it in us if we choose it. ;)