Stolen Iphone

Penjuku

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2012
Just had my Iphone 4 Stolen. I am in complete disarray and don't know if i want to buy a Iphone 3, 3GS, 4 of 4S... Iphone 5 is just around the corner..... Sooo torn, but i need a phone. I feel naked without one.

Has anyone else here had their phone stolen? And if so what did you do?

AFDoc

macrumors 68030
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
No, no one here has ever had their phone stolen. Sorry but what's the point of these types of threads?

Do what you want with your money. If you want a new iPhone go buy one. If you want to wait for iPhone 5, then wait for it. I'm sure others that have had their phone stolen bought new phones.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1424715 posted at 0247
this post 0252. So obviously OP had his device stolen right after posting about how nice new apple products are.

Last edited:

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Had my iphone 4 stolen about 3 weeks ago and had no reservations about buying the iphone 4s.

Sometimes its down to disposable income.

Do what you feel is right.

If the new iphone ticks my wants and needs boxes then ill buy it.

Penjuku

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2012
Thanks for all the replies! I got a Iphone 3 for $70. If i'd do it all over again, i'd get a iphone 3GS.. The IPhone 3 does not get the newest Firmware. So to everyone out there, get a 3GS as a replacement! :).

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Thanks for all the replies! I got a Iphone 3 for $70. If i'd do it all over again, i'd get a iphone 3GS.. The IPhone 3 does not get the newest Firmware. So to everyone out there, get a 3GS as a replacement! :).
Be Careful the 3gs will be probably be left behind soon too !

Mr Hill

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I've never had mine stolen thankfully. My iPhone is literally everywhere I go and always within sight. It's been that way since I had an iPhone 3G way back in 2008.

x986

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2008
NorCal
Thanks for the info; it's a good point for a temp. phone.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
So, this has very little to do with a phone being stolen.

If is more about what phone should I buy, right?

You need to answer questions about your budget, was the old phone still under contract (stolen or not, you still have to pay). Can you live with a 3g, or a 4 or 4s? Or do you need the latest and greatest. Can you get by until Sept or need the phone today?