Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rgoes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2015
I'm from Brazil, and got my iPhone 6 plus stolen last week (perks of living in developing countries...) by some crackhead.
Find my iPhone was turned on, and I reported it to the police as stolen, so the IMEI is supposedly blacklisted. Keycode and fingerprint were also turned on.
Is it possible to access the data on the phone and/or activate it in spite of all that? I know some time ago if you put the iphone in restore mode you could use it again, but erasing all data.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I'm from Brazil, and got my iPhone 6 plus stolen last week (perks of living in developing countries...) by some crackhead.
Find my iPhone was turned on, and I reported it to the police as stolen, so the IMEI is supposedly blacklisted. Keycode and fingerprint were also turned on.
Is it possible to access the data on the phone and/or activate it in spite of all that? I know some time ago if you put the iphone in restore mode you could use it again, but erasing all data.

No, nothing can be retrieved from the device and with find my iphone on its a useless piece.
Don't remove it from your icloud account so noone will be able to activate it again.
Glad Apple put this feature so anyone that steals or buys and sells stolen iphones got a paper weight now.

Reactions: ABC5S

iConnected

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2011

There's a support article here that may be helpful "If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen":

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201472

rgoes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2015
Thanks for the tips. I have "Lost mode" and erase iPhone pending, as the phone apparently hasn't been turned on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.