Stolen Macbook Pro from College Campus

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rollingstone99, Apr 25, 2011.

1. rollingstone99, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011

rollingstone99 macrumors newbie

So my macbook pro (2010) was recently stolen from my apartment about a week ago, and I am looking for some help to possible track it. I have contacted the authorities, but they are pretty much useless. I do not have any gps or theft programs unfortunately, but the IT center at my school was able to provide my mac address and I also still have the receipt from the computer with all of that information. Since I know that whoever stole my mac is a student somewhere, I have contacted the schools around mine and have them on the lookout for their networks. I didn't know if there was anything else I could do. I am not a computer person but from reading other posts....I do have a gmail account, itunes, and I have synced/used bluetooth with my android phone. I don't know if any of that could be of use to somehow locate my mac....ANY help would be appreciated. I lost so much work and personal data....I'm pulling for straws at this point.

As a background note....my mac was taken when we had a bunch of people over at my apartment. Given that most of the people who attended were friends (or so I thought)...I do have emails and information on most of them. Although my computer could have been taken at any point in the night, there was a time when I drove a friend home and when I went to my room to get my keys I forgot to lock my door (yes cue comments on my stupidity).....with that there were only about 6 people left at my place when this occurs, which leads me to narrow down who could have stolen my computer, since my door was locked for the majority of the night. I am also here to believe that they took it to sell/use since my printer cord (which was plugged into my printer) was found stuffed underneath my couch cushion...so they may have thought it was my charger, which was elsewhere in my room.

2. iMackPro macrumors 6502

do you have MobileMe?

3. rollingstone99 thread starter macrumors newbie

I do not.....I do have my gmail linked to my phone...and I do have a "find my droid" program on my phone, which I don't think could be used to help track my computer. (I have a tmobile mytouch 4g just as a sidenote). I also had synced my tomtom gps to my mac, but upon calling tomtom, they said there was nothing they could do.