stolen phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ROADDOG01, Oct 15, 2012.

1. ROADDOG01 macrumors regular

ROADDOG01

Lady at my wifes work got her iphone stolen she called AT&T to have it shut off. You think they would have told her about find my iphone they did shut if off so is if def to late to use the program now ? I wish they told her about the icloud to find her phone. If she called back would they turn it back on to try to find it. Thanks in advance for the help.

John

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It would be nice but they did as the customer asked. Why didn't she try to track it first? Well documented features existed and your wife's friend could have tried.

3. diegoesk macrumors regular

Well, her ESN/IMEID is banned so that person will have to flash to another network.

4. dave420 macrumors 65816

Find my iPhone works over wifi too, so she can login and check if it has been found. If it was stolen is she really going to track it down to the theif's location? That doesn't always end well.
    If they suspended service then you can turn it back on either online or by phone. If they deactivated the SIM and are sending a new one then it probably isn't easily possible.

5. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

That's not quite how that works...

6. JesusChrist macrumors newbie

Sucks for her for not knowing the features on her phone.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    Even if they told her about it if she didn't have find my iPhone setup before she lost it then its too late.

8. ROADDOG01 thread starter macrumors regular

ROADDOG01

9. darster Suspended

Why do people buy things and not read manuals and instructions? :rolleyes:

10. ANMA dojo macrumors regular

iphone came with a manual? thought it was supposed to be intuitive and just work

11. darster Suspended

Open Safari on iphone. It is a bookmark. A car is intuitive too. You still need to read manual too. Same with just about any appliance. Most have on buttons, but not reading manual causes more problems. That's why everything costs so much. Companies have to have customer service centers because people don't know how to read anymore.