Stone Sports Band w/ Gold Clasp exclusive?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MacintoshJosh3, Sep 14, 2018.

1. MacintoshJosh3 macrumors regular

Is this band exclusive to a purchase with the SS Gold Watch? I picked up the SS Gold watch with milanese but was hoping to grab the stone band as well when I noticed the one available on the apple store has a silver clasp.

2. MareLuce macrumors 6502a

3. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

I noticed that too and am hoping it is an error on the website. I went ahead and ordered one but will return it if it has the silver pin.

4. Alicia1 macrumors regular

It will have the silver pin as all sports bands do that are sold separately. This is why I bought the gold ss with the stone band as I wanted the gold pin and ordered the gold Milanese band separately

5. sirenized macrumors 6502

What she said! Coordinating pins are sold only with the watch. You might be able to find one on eBay or the like if someone decides to sell theirs

6. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

That's not always true. The black sports band that is sold separately has the black SS clasp and pin. I have it on right now and the Apple store also shows this on the sport band picture.

[​IMG]

7. rnangie macrumors member

I'm not worried about the pin not matching. It's small. It's on the other side of the wrist and no will notice. No one. Except maybe the watch owner. So, while I want the stone band I ordered a gold watch with the Milanese to save money on the Milanese. But to each his own

8. MareLuce macrumors 6502a

Someone with an eye for detail will notice.

If that watch owner doesn't care at all about it, as you don't, then cool.

But if the watch owner does care about it, but tries to convince himself/herself it doesn't matter, it could affect his/her confidence in a "paper cut" sort of way.

9. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

Just a heads up - I’ll be purchasing the 44mm Gold Stainless Steel with the sport band and will be selling that band. I’m not a fan of that color and will continue to use my navy sports band I got with my gold aluminum watch back with series 0.

If anyone is interested please let me know. Waiting to order for the trade in on my current watch to go through and expect to have the new watch/band by the end of October.

10. sirenized macrumors 6502

the only exception is that band. they have not sold gold or rose gold coordinating pins separately, ever. I don't see them doing it either.

11. bluespark macrumors 68000

Yes, of course people will notice. That's why Apple has multiple versions of this in the first place. That's not to say that most people would or that anyone would judge someone for a non-matching pin, however, since there's apparently not much someone purchasing after the fact could do to score a matching pin.

12. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

Actually, the pink sand band is being sold individually with the gold pin.

[​IMG]

13. iPeterCao macrumors member

iPeterCao

14. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

Currently, it shows the silver pin on Apple if you try to purchase the band alone.
    Black is the only band pictured with an alternate pin for individual purchase on the Apple site.