Stop iPhone from stupidly hanging up if you accidentally brush the end call area

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by awegew, Mar 25, 2013.

1. awegew macrumors newbie

I have an occasional annoyance with my phone when I take it out of my suit pocket. The touch screen on the phone is nice and sensitive and it's quite to brush by that area to hang up. Unfortunately, it gives you no warning. Not a big deal if you're child in school, but in the real word, people tend to not like that.

I'm wondering if there's a way to force IOS to ask before it just hangs up. It's probably the most annoying feature of this phone. I answer the phone with my headset, grab it from my jacket and the person is gone.

2. erichess22 macrumors regular

Grab the sides, or hit the lock button prior to grabbing it.

3. SprSynJn Guest

I'm confused, are you hanging up the call after answering? So you're grabbing the phone by the screen? Can you not stop doing that?

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Channelling Steve Jobs: Don't hold it like that! :D

5. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I just lock it.

If I'm using an app while on the call, it isn't possible to end the call without first going back to the phone app.

6. hamiltonDSi macrumors 65816

hamiltonDSi

;)

Attached Files:

7. Brian Y macrumors 68040

I'd personally find it more annoying if, every time you pressed the "Hang Up" button, it acted like Windows Vista:

"You have chosen to end this call. Accept or Deny."

8. jonAppleSeed macrumors regular

I hate it when I'm typing on the keyboard and I hit the 'S' key instead of the 'A' key by mistake.

I wish Apple would add the feature that I asks me every time I type a letter if that was the letter I wanted to type.

Until Apple can get this sorted, I'm sticking with my Android!

:rolleyes:

9. stroked Suspended

stroked

Some people on MR lacks civility.

10. jonAppleSeed macrumors regular

Wow, a one liner. Bored or something?

Some people on MR lack creativity.

11. awegew thread starter macrumors newbie

I was just looking for an answer for this online and found this thread that I apparently made. If you guys don't have a reasonable answer, then serious just don't write anything.

The proper answer when someone is complaining about not getting good receiption with their phone ins't climb to the nearest hill. Some of us, likely nobody here, speak with busy important people a lot and accidentally hanging up on them isn't acceptable.

It's amazing that Apple has made anything decent over the years with fanboys who accept mediocrity. It's stupid to not have the option to ask before hanging up on someone particularly when you move that functionality to a touch screen instead of an individual button.

The iPhone is still not business ready, but at least they're getting closer. I wish they'd get off their ass and fix this.

12. C DM, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013

C DM macrumors Westmere

In that sense no phone is really business ready since it's kind of easy to hang up on any phone, even those that have simple buttons that can be accidentally pressed when handling the phone (I'd argue that it can be even easier to accidentally hang up with a button on the phone that is dedicated to it as I've seen that happen more than a few times).

In this particular case, aside from perhaps getting used to taking the phone somewhat differently or having it face a different direction when taking it out so that the screen isn't touched, perhaps using a screen protector and/or a bumper/case of some sort might make it a little harder to accidentally do that. Beyond that, the only thing that might be available software-wise is perhaps some jailbreak tweak that would allow for something additional to happen when/before hanging up.

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Are you holding the phone in your hands? If not it sounds like your proximity sensor is having some issues as the screen turns on when raised to your face (thus turning off accidental input).

14. raam89 macrumors member

Just lock the screen by pressing the power button before you put it in your pocket. Right now, that's the only option.

15. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

16. SprSynJn Guest

So because you don't know how to hold a phone properly, it's Apple's fault? And because other "kids" here that do not deal with "important people" are tying to tell you this, they are "fanboys"? No offense man, but I'd hate to be any customer dealing with you and that attitude. It's amazing you still have business.

17. Mrbobb macrumors 601

I guess we are telling you, HUH?

U may have an hardware problem, nobody else have complaint about this particular.

18. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Then don't use it. I hear Blackberry is making a great touchscreen, iPhone-like phone. I'm sure they've designed the interface more to the liking of oh-so-important-and-knowledgable super-executive types like yourself:

[​IMG]