Stop trying to make new icons happen. It's not going to happen.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by acosmichippo, Jun 14, 2013.

1. acosmichippo macrumors regular

1. Apple knew iOS7 was going to be "polarizing" before they announced it, and they're used to heavy criticism after keynotes.
    2. It was the centerpiece of their second-biggest yearly public announcement.
    3. It's being shown off on the iOS7 website.

The iOS7 theme is here to stay; Apple has already introduced it to the world. Yes, they will tweak details through the beta process of course (that's what betas are for), but overall it will look the same. Get used to it.

2. acosmichippo thread starter macrumors regular

Those are not very "different" - I would classify those as tweaks in detail. Even more likely, they are probably an alternate set of icons they were choosing between before the WWDC unveil and accidentally put them on the site.

I was mainly addressing the people who think they look "girly" or "unprofessional".

3. TrenttonY macrumors 6502a

Did Mean Girls inspire your title?

4. Batman89 macrumors 6502

No, what's likely is that they have a variety of icons that they can still use, they're just waiting for feedback from users/developers.

The iOS will adjust based on the feedback before the official release to the public, and the icons are not exempt from this process.

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

I agree with the OP. If anything, icon-wise, we're in for small color changes or small tweaks to parts of the icon. I don't think we'll see them re-redesign any icons.

6. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

7. ThisIsNotMe macrumors 68000

The fact is that the OS is very "beta" in its current release.
    Apple most certainly knows this.
    I have no doubt that changes are coming.

8. noobinator macrumors 601

Thank you oh wise one. Oh and I will take a #2 with a coke.

9. cualexander macrumors 6502a

People will complain. Stop telling people what to talk about. The icons suck and people will talk about it a lot. Get used to it.

10. chembox macrumors 6502a

This is MacRumors after all, not MacNews.

11. rasputin1969 macrumors 6502

Agreed. Apple use betas to iron out bugs, and even then, from my own experience, some bugs are not fixed till .1 releases. 4.0 had an NTLM authentication bug that I radar'd two months before release - it wasn't fixed by 4.0 or even 4.0.1 but had to wait to 4.1.

We might see some minor UI changes but for the most part it is baked in.

A year ago A few lone devs were questioning the jump to Apple maps. It wasn't until the final release that the sh#% hit the fan. Apple should remember that.

12. zbarvian macrumors 68010

Nobody knows anything at this point. It could happen, it could not happen. Let's just wait and see.

13. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I forgot about MacNews until now. It's been decades since I've been there.:)

14. Ottoman1 macrumors regular

Icons = ugly

Apple want make people happy.

Icons be changing.

If not Apple is joke.

Yes.

Burp.

15. irDigital0l Guest

They need to change Game Center...

Others might look ugly and weird but Game Center just doesnt fit at all.

16. syd430 Guest

Your post looks a little too familiar...

You could have just posted in that thread instead of starting a new one.

17. acosmichippo thread starter macrumors regular

Firstly, my point was not directly related to that discussion. That thread is about UI usability, which I agree that there are some issues that need to be ironed out. I'm talking about the icon design in a purely aesthetic manner.

Secondly, you can't possibly expect people to have read every thread start to finish to make sure a similar post has not already been made, especially when there really isn't anything specific to search for. I skimmed the first page in this forum, and didn't see a topic that was similar to mine, even though I still maintain the two posts are regarding different topics.

So please, kindly step off your posting etiquette high horse.

----------

Apple looks for feedback on functionality. When it comes to purely aesthetic design, they march to their own drum. What beta software in the history of the world have the testers convinced a company to change icons for?

18. AQUADock macrumors 65816

AQUADock

We will see when the next beta comes out. But apple does seem to listen now and if there is enough complaining then they will change the icons.

19. BvizioN macrumors 601

BvizioN

Which is a big mistake because there will be people allways complaining no matter what. What do you think all this UI "overnight" redesign is a result of? Result of complains! 'People want something new, people want something fresh! iOS looks so dated' etc. Well.... they got it. Did that stop complains? Nooooooo.

20. hackjo macrumors member

If Apple don't fix those icons, they will go bankrupt as millions of users desert them for Android.

Or so some industry analyst who works at the local KFC told me.