Stores already selling iPhone 5 accessories?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NightHawkPW, Aug 29, 2012.

1. NightHawkPW macrumors newbie

NightHawkPW

I'm sorry if anyone has already posted something like this but have any of you found any accessories for the iPhone 5? I came across this site that does. Should I take this seriously and that the leaked photos REALLY are the new phone?

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5.html

2. glitternarwhal macrumors member

glitternarwhal

3. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

Take it with a grain of salt until an official announcement. And the pictures on that site are renders from Blackpool Creative.

4. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Remember that tear drop iPhone? There were plenty of case manufacturers who thought that DEFINITELY was going to be the next iPhone. They ended up wasting money making a case for a non-existant iPhone

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Plenty of case manufacturers? I think that's an exaggeration given the no physical leaks of the tear drop iPhone, unlike what we're seeing with the new iPhone.

6. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

This is just my thought, but I think these 3rd party accessory makers are probably working with Apple and posting those leaked photos to surprise us all on event day. Even though there have been many leaks with that design, I can't help but feel that it will be totally different - that's the fun!

7. NightHawkPW thread starter macrumors newbie

NightHawkPW

No sorry I don't remember. I've only been a part of the Apple family for a year now with an iPhone 4. I stuck with Android for a long while before I started to get into Apple. I'm still a newbie I guess HAHA

8. JayLenochiniMac, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012

JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No, they're banking on the dimensions of the actual leaked parts to gain an edge in selling the new iPhone accessories.

Don't be so deep in denial.

9. honeygirl macrumors member

10. NightHawkPW thread starter macrumors newbie

NightHawkPW

I wonder if we'll get to customize the UI. Its not a big deal but it would be cool though.

11. takeshi74 macrumors 601

You should do whatever works for you. I don't rely on rumors.

12. polotska macrumors 6502

Don’t hold your breath.

13. lazard macrumors 65816

you'd have to wait for the jailbreak.

14. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I don't have time to search for any links, but there were definitely more than a few, so yes plenty!

15. psac macrumors 6502a

psac

I'm wondering if it makes sense to buy a screen protector for an Experia Play to have for launch day. It would a lot cheaper than that, and would cover the screen area if all the rumors are true. It wouldn't cover the outside-the-screen-glass, but good enough until real screen protectors are abundant.

16. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Though the picture shown is rendered, it still looks good and hope this is it. But......I will wait for any accessories to buy. Never know for sure what it will actually look like or the size

Attached Files:

17. samparker macrumors newbie

i watched i-phone5's video and i loved this i-phone i am still waiting for this cool item and i haired it's have a laser keyboard . it's seems cool. :cool:

18. macMD macrumors 6502

macMD

I have purchased from Spigen in the past and they do make a great product. Notice however that the only two items for sale right now are the screen protectors. They are limiting their risk until the final physical product is out, but they are clearly willing to take the risk with their 100% guarantee it will fit or they will replace it. I am considering ordering one in advance.