Stores opening early for iPhone 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by photogpab, Sep 21, 2013.

1. photogpab macrumors 6502

photogpab

local apple store opens at 11 on sundays - but was curious if stores are actually opening earlier for iPhone 5s sales?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No reason at this point. Many states prohibit early openings on Sundays, including my state (Massachusetts). There doesn't appear to be a compelling reason for the apple store to request an exception since the phone is already released.

3. Spacial macrumors 6502

A friend called, in the west coast where we live Sundays hours have remained the same. That also holds true for the carriers.

4. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

i live a state over from you and the apple stores in my area will have a line every morning daily starting at around 5am. stores in the past have received their inventory the night before and usually post accurate inventory on the apple store app. the store in the mall opens at 8am daily for iphone sales only and 10am for general store. op best bet is just to get there early and be the first regardless of what time they open

5. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

Does Apple get a shipment on Sundays?

6. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

they would get it saturday evening for sale on sunday. in years past they always receive inventory the night before.

7. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

thanks all. i guess 'll swing by tomorrow and give it a shot

8. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

Will stores have more inventory for tomorrow? In years past I've gotten my iPhone on launch day. I didn't want to deal with the lines this year (also my schedule prohibited such) so I'm now in the crowd desperately seeking an iPhone ASAP. But as I've never searched after the Friday launch day for an iPhone, I'm not sure how often I should be checking local stores and such.

I normally would just buy online and wait the 2-3 weeks, I'm in no rush... but as a college student 5 hours from home, the stupid system doesn't let me ship a phone here (it has to be to the primary account holder's address aka my parents)

9. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

no one knows for sure who will have inventory and when. but i'm just going on my own experience and from what the apple stores do around me,and they do the same every year. they get shipment in at night for sale the next day. and usually they will update the apple store app with store quantities around midnight or it may be updated even as early as 11pm for the next morning.

on my way to work i always see people lined up every morning early and it will be like this for weeks.

10. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

The apple store app doesn't report quantities though this time around, or am I blind?

I called the apple store near me and they just claimed they "have no idea when shipments are coming"... which I am sure is true but I would've hoped the employee at least could suggest I try tomorrow or Monday, etc... but I'm not sure if I should make the 30 minute drive tomorrow morning if it will be in vain.

11. vhp3 macrumors regular

They don't receive deliveries on Sundays, so Tuesday morning is the day.

12. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Only release day.

13. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

call the one you want to go to and ask.

Not on Sunday, if they have new stock on sunday it would be due to late saturday delivery.

14. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

i doubt they will have any today,sunday. and they will not get any tonight obviously for tomorrow morning. But you can bet they will receive a shipment at some point during the day monday for tuesday morning. They won't know how many until it comes but if you want one get in line at an apple store around 5am tuesday morning, high chance you will score one.