Story: Funny tale of when i bought my mac pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Macpropro80, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Macpropro80 macrumors 6502

So today I was talking to my friend about when I bought my mac pro, and it reminded me of a funny story I totally forgot about.

Ok so its August 5, 2008. My birthday. Myself, my dad and my mom rush to the apple store to get my birthday present, an 8 core mac pro. So we get to the store and ask for 1 mac pro please. The sales person was.... well he was a moron, plain and simple. We asked him to add 2 more gigs of ram, for a total of 4 gigs. First off he writes Megabytes, which I pointed out to him. Then I asked for an airport card, he spells air-port card; Are Port Car. I have to point that out too. Ok he says come back in 2 hours and everything will be set up, including ur account and everything.

(2 hours pass, I go to subway)

Ok so i get back to the apple store and ask if my mac pro is ready, I get told, "oh its been ready for an hour and a half," thanks for telling me it would take 2 hours.

So i go to the counter and ask them to get me my mac pro. The manager goes into the back room and doesn't come back. 5 minutes later He comes back out empty handed. He tells me, "oh moment its on the way..." I hear him say into his ear piece, "what do you mean you can't find it?" 10 minutes pass, nothing. The manager tells the guys in the back room to get to the counter. We asked them, "who built this mac pro" The guy that comes from the back must be a temp worker or something, because he seems to be distracted by everything. While playing with a near by imac says, "i don't know" then leaves. FINALLY the manager goes into the back room and finds my computer. I look and see it doesnt have apple care (which I also bought) so the manager takes an apple care off the shelf and says here.

I get home, the computer is not set up, but the parts are ordered are installed.

I set up the computer and I forgot all about how horrid the service was at the apple store.

BTW who looses the most expensive computer in the store?

2. Pugpuppydude macrumors regular

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Great story. I have to say, if you can afford a Mac pro, you can eat better than Subway.

4. thagomizer macrumors 6502

Heh, I have a Mac Pro, and I am eating subway as I write this. :D

5. jngphoto macrumors newbie

After getting the MacPro, Subway may be a luxury. I'm on ramen noodles.:)

6. hatehereyes macrumors 6502a

hatehereyes

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Some people can afford a mac pro but then be totally broke afterwards.

7. namethisfile macrumors 6502a

namethisfile

so, moral of the story is:

installing RAM and an airport card doesn't take 2 hrs. got that kids? class dismiss!

8. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Funny story. Sucks you had apple add ram though, --> expensive.

9. wpc33 macrumors 6502

wpc33

No offense, everybody, but I don't see what was funny about that story. The distracted guy was funny, but anything else? What was the point? No offense.

Hansel: So I'm rappelling down Mount Vesuvius when suddenly I slip, and I start to fall. Just falling, ahh ahh, I'll never forget the terror. When suddenly I realize "Holy ****, Hansel, haven't you been smoking Peyote for six straight days, and couldn't some of this maybe be in your head?"
    Derek Zoolander: And?
    Hansel: And it was. I was totally fine. I've never even been to Mount Vesuvius.
    Midget: Cool story, Hansel!

10. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

See, that's funny. The OP's story, not so much.

Go work in retail for a year before you whine about the service. The customers retail employees have to deal with on a daily basis are far, far worse than your story.

11. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Same. Goddess of fast food here! We like Quiznos, no Subway.

It took two Apple stores before we got our Mac pro. At the store in Littleton, we just got ignored for about 30 minutes and then we left. Drove up to Boulder and walked out with one in 10 minutes.

12. Macpropro80 thread starter macrumors 6502

I know, I wish i took my friends advise and gotten 16 gigs of non apple ram, but I got cold feet after seeing the warning on the apple website about 3rd party ram.