(Straight) Couple Busted For Having Sex On Water Slide

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Dec 2, 2011.

1. MadeTheSwitch, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011

MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

EDIT: Too many people who don't seem to keep up on the post in this forum or who don't understand the kinds of comments gays have to put up with (both here, and elsewhere) didn't understand the references made. So I need to clear some things up. Recently all kinds of assertions that gays face discrimination because of how they look or act have come up in this forum. I posted this story to illustrate the fallacy of that logic. Straight people do things that others deem inappropriate all the time, yet they all still have their rights. That was the point I was trying to make. Sorry it wasn't more clear. I mistakenly thought it was and that people followed the discussions here more closely. Clearly I was wrong. End of Edit

For those that think that gays hold themselves back because of how they dressed or their actions here's something for ya to chew on. Based on this, I guess heterosexuals shouldn't have their rights either then, right?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...2.html?ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false#undefined

2. 184550 Guest

How can one instance of anything be used to extrapolate the actions and intentions of the larger group of said thing?

Or is this your Friday entertainment?

3. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I'm a bit confused about how this one anecdote is at all relevant to gay rights. :confused:

4. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Perhaps the OP's username isn't about switching computer platforms?

5. 184550 Guest

Perhaps he needs validation? :p

6. RedburnIV macrumors regular

RedburnIV

How does this relate to the actions of gays and how they dress? If anything id say the opposite, but considering this is a straight couple caught in the act, gay life is irrelevant.

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Umm..hello! But yet we're held to that. .:) If this were a gay couple, imagine the scandal.

8. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Isn't that the truth.

9. samiwas macrumors 65816

Apparently, none of you read the thread in which PinkFloyd said he was disgusted by gay parades, and that straight couples don't do lewd things in public.

I think this thread was related to that statement.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Then perhaps the OP needs to better explain this at the beginning of a thread.

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

He did- quite well.

12. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I pick it up right off the bat. It did not seem that hard to see.

13. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Not all of us read every thread in the PRSI. :)

14. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

well it is not like you have to read PRSI to get the point.

If it was a gay couple that would of been all over the news how gays are just flaunting it and they are bad for our children. Yet a straight couples does it well it just a stupid couple.

15. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I don't care what anybody's sexual orientation is. You don't go screwing on a slide in a waterpark. There's children there. Good grief. Don't people use common sense anymore ?

16. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Something I've wondered... With no God or higher being with specific morals, what reason is there to hide sex from children? Wouldn't we just be like any wildlife out there? You could have sex in the streets and it wouldn't matter.

Just a thought.

17. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Wow...I didn't know or expect one post to get everyone in a tizzy on a Friday night...geez. Sorry I confused everyone. I thought people that followed this board kept up on things a little more. Guess that was a wrong assumption on my part and I will make the necessary adjustments.

Yes, it's my friday night entertainment. :rolleyes: To answer your question, one instance (or even a bunch of them in the minority) shouldn't be. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT!!!!

Is everyone new to this forum tonight? There is a common theme, not only here (posted today even), but pretty much every political message board on the internet that somehow gays are responsible for their own discrimination they experience by how they act or dress. It's been that way for years. This story is but one example trying to put things a bit more into perspective and balance.

Perhaps you would be wrong.

Perhaps you would ALSO be wrong.

See above response regarding perspective.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize I had to recap the entire PRSI forum for everyone. Where has everyone been on all the other post here???? I'll go back and edit the first post so it is more clear to everyone.

True. But again, these kinds of attitudes and discussions are not new. Well, perhaps they are to some people. But now they know.

18. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I really don't understand the connection here. Surely right and wrong are independent of God's existence? It's like saying without God to tell us what reason is there to insist sex is consensual, lots of animals engage in rape in the wild? I don't see the connection.

19. cshearer macrumors regular

To paraphrase from something comedian/magician/atheist Penn Jillette said on Real Time With Bill Maher:

That basically sums up my thoughts as well. What also is troubling is when people say they only bettered themselves with Jesus, completely undermining their own self worth. That's a whole different discussion, though.

20. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

21. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

God didn't teach me any morals. Morals come from human intellect. 200 Years ago humans were more religious than today, but they still thought it was ok to have slaves (and that's just one of many stupid things they used to do). I think people who lived in that time were pretty immoral, but they all believed in god. What does that tell you?

22. samiwas macrumors 65816

I don't believe in God, but have a strong set of morals. Certainly you aren't suggesting that only people who believe in God can have morals...because I have heard that argument before.

23. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Yeah that's pretty much what he's suggesting. I'm so sick of religious people claiming that religion is the only reason people have morals. What a crock of BS.

24. Yumunum, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011

Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Where are you getting that from? I did NOT say that. I'd really appreciate if you examined my posts more thoroughly before responding. Also, remove your bias from the situation, and hold off the accusatory statements.

Without a god, we can make morals ourselves. Definitely true. But what are they based on? Where do they come from? And why do the exist? Because as I already mentioned, you could argue that if we're just like any animal out there, these "immoral" things don't matter one bit.

It's a thought provoker and a question.

EDIT: I probably shouldn't've sounded so rude myself. Sorry. I do hope you still understand what I'm asking of you though. Conversations go down better when you understand the other person, and don't make accusations.

25. cshearer macrumors regular

Our morals come from evolution. Virtually every moral principle's root origins can be explained through evolutionary biology. Altruistic behavior has been shown to exist amongst chimpanzees, bonobos, etc., as this behavior promoted the proliferation and survival of the species. This also holds true to early humans. This is just one simple explanation/example out of a large magnitude.