Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajt1995

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
I haven't found any discussion on this topic. How fast are your throttle speeds after 2.5 GB?

ajt1995

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
They aren't throttled, but you will get a nasty phone call letting you know that if it happens again, they will disconnect your service... My wife got that call...

Seriously? That's against their new TOS

TsuaSai

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2006
TX
I have the ST iphone so it's using Verizon towers. I suspect I have been throttled as my speeds have gone from a whopping .30 meg to .10 if that. It's gotten super slow and was never fast to begin with.

I think I am going to get an AT&T sim and use the AT&T 3G if I end up moving.

ajt1995

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
I have the ST iphone so it's using Verizon towers. I suspect I have been throttled as my speeds have gone from a whopping .30 meg to .10 if that. It's gotten super slow and was never fast to begin with.

I think I am going to get an AT&T sim and use the AT&T 3G if I end up moving.

My att sim is awesome. At 3.2 GB and not throttled.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 69

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Seriously? That's against their new TOS
Not necessarily. From their TOS:
The Unlimited service plans are subject to certain limitations. See paragraphs 6 and 7 below.

Paragraph 6 states:
The Straight Talk Unlimited Plan MAY NOT be used for unauthorized uses that adversely impact our service.

A person engaged in unauthorized uses may have his/her service throttled and/or terminated. In some circumstances, Customers may be provided notice and an opportunity to take corrective action with respect to unauthorized uses before their service is terminated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.