Straightalk AT&T SIM question?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XxpikachuxX, May 15, 2013.

1. XxpikachuxX macrumors 6502

I know Straightalk has stop selling at&t sim's, but i have seen a few in amazon for around 50 dlls, if i buy one can it still be activated or not? i don't want to buy something and that it doesn't work. sorry if this is a wrong place to post but i didn't know where else, also do you guys recommend any other gsm service for my iphone 5? thanks:(

2. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

I'd recommend T-Mobile, if they have coverage in your area.

3. HobeSoundDarryl macrumors 603

HobeSoundDarryl

Hobe Sound, FL (20 miles north of Palm Beach)
    NET10 (straight talk by another name). Works great on iPhone 5. They have a package of 3 SIMs for about $15: one or two for AT&T and one for Tmobile. You can then cut them down to iPhone 5 size using sim templates easily found via google searches. We did this. It wasn't that hard and the worst-case risk was $15.

Yes, you can also buy remaining stock of ST sims from Amazon, eBay, etc. They are still around. But you're paying a premium for those, which, in some cases, might be larger-sized SIMs cut down by someone else and re-packaged for sale. If you can cut straight lines with scissors and follow directions on the SIM-cutting templates online, you can just make your own sim card for iPhone 5.