Strange alert when connect iPad Pro 10.5 (running 12.0) to iMac running Mojave

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by Alhagar, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Alhagar macrumors regular

Has anyone seen this before? A Google search doesn't turn up anything.

Attached Files:

2. NevilleB macrumors member

I got that as well after connecting my iPad Pro 9.7” running iOS 12. I just clicked on Install and the message hasn’t come up again.

3. RyanXM macrumors regular

RyanXM

I would imagine a false positive with regards to that error message. You are running beta software...there will be bugs.

4. Alhagar thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I understand the buggy nature of beta software. I should have been clearer in my original post. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t some sort of malware...

5. mocoso macrumors newbie

mocoso

There's another thread I just updated on a similar pop up for my iPhone X when I connected to my iMac. No info found yet. Also agree that it may just be a bug?

6. tamaralig macrumors newbie

tamaralig

I get the same message no matter if the iOS device I connect is on Beta or regular iOS release. Once you click it, it says it fails to install, I got one saying my carrier had an update then after accepting it, it came back and said no updates. Weird to see but guess that will probably be the behavior later on down the lie, making sure any iOS device you connect is fully up to date.

7. tamaralig macrumors newbie

tamaralig

Just to update, in the latest macOS Mojave Dev release, the issue is finally gone and it actually did a carrier update when I connected my iPhone this time.

8. amaze1499 macrumors regular

amaze1499

expected behavior. mobiledevice.framework needs to be updated.