Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RobS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2004
Hey all first post etc, been an avid mac user since i was about 9 on old lc2's etc then discovered games and went over the fence for a while.

Now my life is slightly more business orientated, i have discovered a need for a laptop and there was only 1 real choice :)

Now i am (soon to be) the proud owner of a 17" Powerbook however it won't be delivered!

It was my belief that applestore UK purchases were shipped from Ireleand however this cannot be the case.

Here is my delivery route going from store.apple.com tracking info:-

Activity Location Date / Time (GMT)
Shipment Picked Up (CNSHA02) 27 May 2004 02:03
Arrive Terminal LUXEMBOURG, LU, LU 01 Jun 2004 07:43
Depart Terminal LUXEMBOURG, LU, LU 01 Jun 2004 11:40
Cleared Customs DUIVEN, GE, NL 02 Jun 2004 16:32

Why fly it from ireland to luxembourg then to holland then to UK?

ALso why has it cleared customs in holland? surely its freight in transit and should not leave airport boundries therefore not needing to clear customs as it was not technically going onto dutch soil?

Damn i wanna play with my baby!

Any ideas folks?

Cheers,

Rob

Gherkin

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2004
Packages aren't always shipped directly from their orgin to your doorstep. Sometimes they take weird routes like this just because that's how they best fit into the delivery company's flight schedule at the time.

itsumo

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2004
UK
RobS said:
Here is my delivery route going from store.apple.com tracking info:-

Shipment Picked Up (CNSHA02) 27 May 2004 02:03
Arrive Terminal LUXEMBOURG, LU, LU 01 Jun 2004 07:43
Depart Terminal LUXEMBOURG, LU, LU 01 Jun 2004 11:40
Cleared Customs DUIVEN, GE, NL 02 Jun 2004 16:32

Why fly it from ireland to luxembourg then to holland then to UK?

Mine appears to be doing exactly the same thing, right down to the time taken. No wonder it takes up to two weeks!

kneeslasher

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2004
Mine too! What is this horror you mention about two weeks? Since my order shipped on Monday 5th, I would expect it within, according to Apple, "3-7 days", hence at the latest by Monday 12th...

Depart Terminal LUXEMBOURG, LU, LU 08 Jul 2004 15:54
Cleared Customs DUIVEN, GE, NL 09 Jul 2004 17:28
Shipment Picked Up EINDHOVEN, NB, NL 09 Jul 2004 21:16

jhomayne

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2004
erm.. could someone tell me how you access this info?

i ordered an ibook and i know that it was shipped on wednesday by TNT Express Worldwide (it also says TNT Nederlands somewhere) but no more.

itsumo

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2004
UK
kneeslasher said:
What is this horror you mention about two weeks? Since my order shipped on Monday 5th, I would expect it within, according to Apple, "3-7 days", hence at the latest by Monday 12th...

That's 3-7 business days, at least according to my confirmation e-mail. That could be anything up to 11 days, depending on date of despatch. I'm hoping it takes this long because they are shipping it by hand, on a velvet pillow, wafted by palm leaves...

win_convert

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2004
Aus.
its like the "mechanic" who tells you you need a new fan belt every time you visit the garage to get petroleum disillate. (gasoline)

itsumo

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2004
UK
jhomayne said:
erm.. could someone tell me how you access this info?
You should be able to see a link to it from the order tracking system on apple.com. One appeared for me after it had shipped.

jhomayne

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2004
itsumo said:
You should be able to see a link to it from the order tracking system on apple.com. One appeared for me after it had shipped.
hmm..

ok, so it goes:

account page --> Order Status/History --> Order Status :Summary [Shipped] --> Details [Order Status as of 05:18 PM GMT, 10/07/2004 Shipped] --> Shipment Status

and there i just get a list of what i ordered and my 16-digit TNT Express Worldwide tracking number (which i can't seem to input on the TNT page..)

:confused:

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
If I were a passenger and the airlines did that, then I would complain. I realize that shipping companies have pre-determined routes. It is all done for economy of cutting expenses. As long as my Mac arrives safe and sound that's all that really matters.

kneeslasher

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2004
Checked this morning to find:

Depart Terminal LUXEMBOURG, LU, LU 08 Jul 2004 15:54
Cleared Customs DUIVEN, GE, NL 09 Jul 2004 17:28
Shipment Picked Up EINDHOVEN, NB, NL 09 Jul 2004 21:16
Arrive Terminal READING, BK, GB 12 Jul 2004 05:50

Now 3-7 business days puts the final date at about Tueasday. So everything seems on track since Reading is but a bus distance away from Oxford. Unless this last step takes two weeks, the delivery should be on time, thank goodness.

itsumo

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2004
UK
kneeslasher said:
Now 3-7 business days puts the final date at about Tuesday.
Could you post back on here if it does arrive on Tuesday? My order shipped the day after yours and it seems to be running basically 1 day behind comparing the other dates.
That way, I can book the day off to be at home on Wednesday and keep my fingers crossed...

garybUK

Jun 3, 2002
When i ordered by TiBook from apple, it shipped from Apple Taiwan (where they are built) through Luxemburgh and to Reading then somewhere up north then to Manchester. Once it got to manchester (like 30 mins drive from my house) it sat there for 2 days, they come in pallets and they have to wait for the pallets to clear customs etc before they can ground deliver.

itsumo

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2004
UK
TNT tracking

Incidentally, when it arrives in the UK (as mine now has), you get another reference number which allowed me to look on the actual TNT tracking site as opposed to Apple's own "bridge-point" thing.

It's "out for delivery". I, alas, am "out at work". Oh well...

jhomayne

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2004
itsumo said:
Incidentally, when it arrives in the UK (as mine now has), you get another reference number which allowed me to look on the actual TNT tracking site as opposed to Apple's own "bridge-point" thing.

It's "out for delivery". I, alas, am "out at work". Oh well...
aha! thanks for clearing that up :)

shoot_to-thrill

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2004
What does this mean?

This is the route that my 20gb ipod is taking, does anybody(Preferable from the UK) recognise this route and tell me when i should expect to recieve the ipod? Its taking ages!

Shipment Picked Up SHANGHAI, SH, CN 29 Oct 2004 21:41
Shipment Picked Up (CNSHA02) 30 Oct 2004 07:14
Depart Terminal (CNSHA02) 02 Nov 2004 16:55

Thanks.

CobraMac

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2004
@shoot_to-thrill: Ordered an iPod Photo on the 31st of October...

I've been using this page to track it: http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/
...since Apple's "Order Status" page ("Activity" table) has no info whatsoever.

Apple uses K&N + TNT to deliver goods to customers in Europe (inc. UK).

How come your "Activity" table shows details :S ... and have you received your iPod yet ??

Joolz

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2004
This is what apecode tells me:

16 nov 04
departed direct
Apple, Shanghai
09 nov 04
--
16 nov 04
accept scanned at EDC
KN Luxemburg
09 nov 04
--
12 nov 04
flight departed
Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
09 nov 04
on hold due to customs
KN High Tech Logistics
--
05 nov 04
Flight Booked
Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
--
02 nov 04
departed from product source
Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
--
02 nov 04
boxes scanned
Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
--
02 nov 04
Departed from source
Apple, Shanghai
--
02 nov 04
Data received from supplier
Apple, Shanghai

I phoned apple up about the customs delay, and they told me it was very unusual and they'd phone me back about it (which they did).
Anyway, it seems to go Shanghai->Luxembourg->? - hopefully it doesn't go via the Netherlands, although for seem people it seems to?
Apple said I should get it by thursday or friday of this week anyway

:)

qasim

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2004
Were on the same boat

Joolz said:
This is what apecode tells me:

I phoned apple up about the customs delay, and they told me it was very unusual and they'd phone me back about it (which they did).
Anyway, it seems to go Shanghai->Luxembourg->? - hopefully it doesn't go via the Netherlands, although for seem people it seems to?
Apple said I should get it by thursday or friday of this week anyway
16 nov 04
departed direct
Apple, Shanghai
09 nov 04
--
16 nov 04
accept scanned at EDC
KN Luxemburg
09 nov 04
--
12 nov 04
flight departed
Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
09 nov 04
on hold due to customs
KN High Tech Logistics
--
05 nov 04
Flight Booked
Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
--
02 nov 04
departed from product source
Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
--
02 nov 04
boxes scanned
Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
--
02 nov 04
Departed from source
Apple, Shanghai
--
02 nov 04
Data received from supplier
Apple, Shanghai

:)

well my ipod is in the same route as urs, my guess is that it goes via netherlands. but fingers crossed it doesn't.
this is my route:
16 nov 04 30 10 departed direct Apple, Shanghai eta 09 nov 04
16 nov 04 40 69 accept scanned at EDC KN Luxemburg eta 09 nov 04
12 nov 04 32 55 flight departed Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
09 nov 04 86 12 on hold due to customs KN High Tech Logistics
05 nov 04 32 05 Flight Booked Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
02 nov 04 30 60 departed from product source Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
02 nov 04 05 00 boxes scanned Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
02 nov 04 30 64 Departed from source Apple, Shanghai
02 nov 04 00 05 Data received from supplier Apple, Shanghai

i aint got a clue when mines is going to come because apple wont tell me a fixed date for sum odd reason.

Joolz

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2004
Apecode now says:
17 nov 04
truck arrived at final destination
Apple, Shanghai
09 nov 04

..which is *so* helpful! No idea where the 'final destination' is because it hasn't arrived yet. The status page isn't updated in real time either, because it says the 17th but it wasn't updated till this morning

Edit: It is going via the Netherlands, TNT have it now, I don't think it's going to arrive by tommorrow :/

Sahil_C

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2004
Portsmouth, UK
Same Route

Hey Joolz, mine seems to be takin the same route as yours. Im live in Portsmouth GB. The last thing apecode said is that the truck had arrived at the final destination. How do you know that yours is going via the netherlands? And how do you know TNT have it because when i click on the link it just seems to come up with it not being handed over to them.

It seems to be taking ages for it to arrive :mad:

Tenor

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2004
Sweden
Why?

I can´t understand why it´s taking so long.

First of all when Apple processed my order it took them almost two weeks to discover the money I transferred the same day as my order was laid.

Then over a week more to process the actual order and to ship it. And now i´m waiting for my stuff to arrive and it seems as it will take time. Nothing seems to happend.

I WANT MY MAC! :eek:

Is it fair that a customer who orders something must wait over a month to get the merchandise.

This is what apecode tells me.

15 nov 04 32 55 flight departed Apple Shanghai
15 nov 04 32 05 Flight Booked Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
12 nov 04 30 60 departed from product source Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
12 nov 04 05 00 boxes scanned Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
12 nov 04 30 64 Departed from source Apple Shanghai
12 nov 04 00 05 Data received from supplier Apple Shanghai

When I click the link it only says "not found" :confused:

Giving up soon.

Please almight (eventhough I don´t believe in you) please bring my new and shiny apple safe to me.

Sahil_C

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2004
Portsmouth, UK
This is what the apple site says for me

Shipment Picked Up SHANGHAI, SH, CN 01 Nov 2004 22:30
Shipment Picked Up (CNSHA02) 02 Nov 2004 07:28
Depart Terminal (CNSHA02) 12 Nov 2004 14:00
Arrive Terminal LUXEMBOURG, LU, LU 16 Nov 2004 15:24
Depart Terminal LUXEMBOURG, LU, LU 16 Nov 2004 15:54

It seems everything on the 2nd of novemeber was delayed and im sitting here pulling my hair out!!!!!!!

This is what apecode tells me

17 nov 04 90 75 truck arrived at final destination Apple, Shanghai 09 nov 04
16 nov 04 30 10 departed direct KN Luxemburg
16 nov 04 40 69 accept scanned at EDC KN Luxemburg 09 nov 04
02 nov 04 30 60 departed from product source Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
02 nov 04 05 00 boxes scanned Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
02 nov 04 30 64 Departed from source Apple, Shanghai
02 nov 04 00 05 Data received from supplier Apple, Shanghai

This is crazy.... half a month of waiting and still nothing. I thought apple were reliable....but not anymore!

BTW Joolz, did u get yours personalized? I ordered mine on the 31st of October. When did u order yours?

Cloudy

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2004
another fellow sufferer from switzerland. powerbook ordered 26. Oct. And this is whate apecode says:

17 nov 04 90 75 truck arrived at final destination
16 nov 04 30 10 departed direct KN Luxemburg
16 nov 04 40 69 accept scanned at EDC KN Luxemburg
03 nov 04 30 60 departed from product source Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
03 nov 04 00 05 Data received from supplier CNSHA30
03 nov 04 05 00 boxes scanned Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
03 nov 04 30 64 Departed from source CNSHA30

I just wished it arrived befor weekend, but I dont believe it anymore :( ...at least I'm not the only one waiting which is a small comfort ;)

erickg

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2004
I had the exact same problem with my new 12" ibook and 20gb ipod. Apparently, especially with new products or products that are in really high demand, they ship directly from the factory (Shanghai I guess) with Apples shipping partner Kuehne & Nagel. Kuehne & Nagel takes them to Apples central European distribution centre in Eindhoven (the Netherlands) and then TNT takes it from there. Mine came quite quickly from Shanghai to Luxembourg, but got stuck in customs for days (aargh!) and got stuck in Eindhoven for another two days. After that, once TNT had picked up the package, I called TNT to check the status and unfortunately Apple chose the cheapest delivery method (which takes two days from The Netherlands to Sweden). Anyway, finally I received my ibook and ipod and I am a happy camper! :)

I hope you all have better luck than I did with the shipping! I know how unnerving it can be...

btw. if Kuehne & Nagel say it has arrived at the final destination, that means their final destination (i.e. Eindhoven, the Netherlands)... TNT takes it from there...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.