Strange garbage in the trash. And wants to stay there forever.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lordthistle, Jan 21, 2009.

1. lordthistle macrumors 6502

Hello,
    after emptying the trash, I noticed its icon didn't change in an empty can. Looking inside I found the file you can see in the attached picture. I modified it on January 1st, 1904. I think I did not, but a long time has passed since then.

If I try and empty the trash again, I can hear the "correct" sound, but the icon remains "full" and the file is still there.

Is there any way to remove it?

BTW, I have already looked into the .Trash folder but there wasn't anything.

Thanks.
    thistle

Attached Files:

2. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

You have Windows in Boot Camp, I assume?

It comes from your Windows install. Boot into Windows and run check disk (right click on the c: drive -> Properties -> check for errors)

3. lordthistle thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the answer. I have windows on bootcamp, but a "repair disk permissions" DIN'T fixed the problem.

You were right. I have Windows in Bootcamp, but I am using VMWare. Basically, when I wrote the previous answer I had just launched VMWare. That file went away with VMWare running (after repair permissions) and came back once VMWare was shut down.

I performed a clean disk and now it is fine. Thanks. I did not know that Windows was integrated with the Mac OS trash.

thistle