Strange iMessage Behavior on Wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rf61985, Aug 28, 2013.

1. rf61985 macrumors member

Hello Everyone.

So I have noticed this issue for a while and I can't seem to resolve it. I'll start off with a few things.

• I have restored the phone completely
    • Signed out of iMessage and back in
    • Reset my Network Settings

Nothing seems to resolve the issue. My issue seems to occur ONLY on wifi. My phone will be locked and I'll get an iMessage. It'll show up on my iPad but not on my iPhone. Without opening it on the iPad, I'll unlock my iPhone. As soon as I unlock, the red badge on the Messages App will show the number of messages I have. I will then open the Messages App on my phone and none of the new messages will appear. The only way to make them appear is to close messages, double click the home button and then close out the Messages App and open it back up to see the message. This also happens on my iPad occasionally.

I NEVER have this issue when I'm not connected to wifi. I can't tell if its because of my home network but I'm using a Time Capsule with WPA2 as my security settings.

Anyone have this issue or know how to resolve?

2. imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

I noticed my ipad doing something very similar, but I just turned it off to stop it, I don't really use it much anyways. I would be interested to see what the prob is though..

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Weird, do you restore from back-up or do a clean start?

4. rf61985 thread starter macrumors member

Clean start.

5. imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

Just disable imessage on your iPad if you are not like me and you actually use your ipad..

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I would also suggest this.