Strange iPhone 4 body?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by toondw, Jan 24, 2012.

1. toondw macrumors 6502

My iPhone 4 16gb rattles really badly which I can live with, the whole thing appears to move internally and the volume and power keys move around very freely compared to the wife's. Also to top it if you press on the sides of the front screen it causes the screen to discolour like its touching the actual inside screen, a bit like when you touch a LCD screen.

The phone works fine so I will live with it especially as its now 15 months old so out of warranty but Im just wondering if anybody else has or had a similar problem?

Like I say it works, I can only presume I must have dropped it to often, but there is no external damage? :eek:

I suspect it would cost a fortune to be fixed so when I sell it at the end of the year (end of contract) I will have to advertise it as broken.

2. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Well you sound like you answered your own question with saying I may have dropped it too many times. I could drop mine 20 times on the carpet and cause no significant exterior damage but could nock some of the internals loose. So yea I think your on your own there. But if you have an apple store nearby run in there you might be surprised and maybe they will swap it out for you. Never know. :rolleyes:

3. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Sounds Like internals are not seated properly...In a few areas. Sure you never it disassembled and had a few screws left over when it was all back together? lol