Strange signal behaviour after 4.1 update + JB + Ultrasn0w

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fedorjj, Oct 19, 2010.

1. fedorjj macrumors newbie

Hey guys!

I bought my iPhone 4 about two weeks ago, it had 4.0.1 jailbroken firmware with ultrasn0w carrier unlock. I used the phone for some time (about a week), but when I tried to use my 3G internet it was saying something like "can't activate network". I gave the iPhone to a friend of mine and he updated it to 4.1. At first, everthing was fine, calls, sms, 3G internet... But after a couple of days of using the phone I noticed that it sometimes completly loses signal (goes to Searching...), nope, it's not "death grip", I use bumper. After phone restart everhing goes fine, I have full signal. Sometimes it loses signal when it's just laying on the table, it's very annoying. Microsim is originial, not hand-made.

Is there anything I can do about it?

Sorry for bad English, I'm from Russia. Thanks for help.

2. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I have seen many post on multiple forums with unreliable unlock with 4.1 firmware 1.59 baseband and ultrasn0w. Have yet to see a solution. Hopefully when Pwnage tool is release that might prove more reliable for the unlock.

3. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

Are you using the phone on ATT or another carrier? If the phone is on ATT but unlocked through ultrasnow this could causes some problems.