Strange sound inside the new iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chris1990, Apr 23, 2013.

1. chris1990 macrumors newbie

Hi ! Its a new device, 5 days old ! I noticed a strange sound in the upper right corner( +,-, silence button ) while moving my iphone. I searched a bit and found that it could be the AF of the camera, but the camera its on the other side. I also tried to hold power button, +,- buttons, but still the same sound ! What could it be ? The sound is a bit annoying ! When u pay soo much for a device u espect it to be like it should be, and not like some cheap stuff..

Any help is appreciated ! Thanks !

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. chris1990 thread starter macrumors newbie

IDK,maybe, do you hear the same sound on the left top side of your phone? Im just wondering if its normal or not?

4. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

No noises come from mine. Maybe its Siri snoring?

5. Darryjr macrumors regular

Darryjr

People come to the forum looking for help and advice, than they get answers like above.^^^^ I don't quite understand, it wouldn't be worth me taking the time to write a sarcastic answer, I am amazed with how many people on macrumors take the time to respond with rubbish.

6. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

I've had this on every iPhone I've had since the 4 - it's the glass that covers the camera lens moving ever so slightly. If this is the worst problem you have with your new iPhone then keep it! I've had a lot worse.

----------

It's called humour btw.

7. MVRL macrumors regular

MVRL

i took it to the store, and the 'genius' said it's the vibrate motor, and it's normal, and pretty much refused to do anything about it. I'm fairly disappointed tbh, because my original one did not have this issue, and I would have kept it if it did not have lint and dust piling up in the back camera lens compartment..

and news just broke loose recently about apple shipping 5~8 million iphones back for repair...etc. yeh....

this is my first and most likely last iphone..

8. chris1990 thread starter macrumors newbie

i went to the store today, and was told the same. They said its the way the iphone 5 is assembled, some iphones do not have this sound, and others do.. but its normal. i hope that it wont inhibit my phone, because its 1 year of guarantee, and for me the amount of money i paid for it its a lot.

btw. for the guys who are joking, find a girl and joke with her. it will be better then sitting in front of the computer in your room ;)

9. AQUADock macrumors 65816

AQUADock

If its a rattling noise, then most likely its the camera lens which is normal. What you could do to test is open the camera app, lock the focus on something and see if it still makes a noise.

10. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

What a load of Moaning Myrtle's.

It's called MacHumours for a reason ;)

11. MVRL macrumors regular

MVRL

yeah, i agree with you. Well, yesterday, they e-mailed me a survey and asked about my experience at the genius bar, and I replied with my concerns and disappointment in the inconsistent QA and build quality.

Later that night, a senior adviser phoned me and asked about the details. After I briefly described the issue, he offered to replace my phone for free on condition that the phone has not been damaged. Hell, there is not even a scratch on my phone..as I literally just got the phone to replace my previous faulty one.

Anyway, I used the return shipping ID he gave me and sent my phone back through UPS, and I should get a replacement early next week if all goes well.

12. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

Wow, that is great service in the end. I guess Apple came through and it will work out in the long run.