Strange Sporadic Loss of Service, Phone Freezes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jomhat, Jul 12, 2010.

1. jomhat macrumors newbie

iPhone 3GS
    FW: 3.1.3
    Baseband: 5.12.01
    Jailbroken: Spirit
    Unlock: repo666.ultrasn0w
    Carrier: T-Mobile

Phone has been working for about 3 weeks, but a couple days ago it started doing some really irritating things. For one, my service bars/"T-Mobile" will randomly change to "Searching..." or the bars will just completely drop (in places where they've been working fine for the past few weeks), then sometimes it continues to say "Searching..." and sometimes the signal comes back. About once a day it will completely lock up and I'll have to do the home button + sleep button for 8 seconds to force it to shut down then reboot it, otherwise it just stays frozen. I cannot upgrade to 4.0 with my baseband because it cannot be unlocked, and whenever I try to reinstall the 3.1.3 FW I get the error 3194 (I think that's the number) which denotes Apple not signing the FW package, meaning the only thing I can do is upgrade to 4.0 or suffer through a phone that barely works. 90% of my text messages kick back and I have to reboot the phone then resend the text. 100% of my calls drop after a maximum of 1 minute (and then I completely lose signal).

It sounds like some kind of virus, but I didn't think Apple products could get viruses (or at least, not Mac computers). If anyone knows a fix for this, or knows how I can go about reinstalling my firmware (3.1.3), I'd be very grateful. I'm not worried about losing any contacts, having to re-jailbreak, or losing any other various information. I can replace anything I lose.

2. jomhat thread starter macrumors newbie

3. jomhat thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm about to put this stupid phone in the garbage. Someone please help me fix this problem, I can't even make calls I just lose signal every single time.

4. jomhat thread starter macrumors newbie

5. jomhat thread starter macrumors newbie

It's seriously getting worse...surely I'm not the only person this has ever happened to...

6. xlcooplx macrumors newbie

Did you ever find a fix for this? Mine is doing nearly the same thing. I even tried flashing the 3.1.3 with iTunes and got it reflashed but my problem still persists. This is after a year of trouble free service with my phone. The weird thing is it was jailbroken for atleast 8months before this but I didn't jb after restoring it this time but my phone still shows "coop" instead of "AT&T" Beside the signal bars. I changed that when I had jailbroken it but I wouldve thought that by restoring the phone, that should have reset. I also keep getting the "restore needed" message. Any input anyone?

7. xlcooplx macrumors newbie

bump. my phone is still dropping calls and failing to send txts. :(