Strange thing has happened to the name of my BootCamp partition

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Artmuzz, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Artmuzz, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011

Artmuzz macrumors 6502

I hope I'm not going mad but last night something very strange happened to my iMac. Of Course with it being an iMac I use Mac OSX and usually on the desktop there are two Hardrive (Macintosh HD and BOOTCAMP) icons on the right of the screen. Anyway when I was just browsing the net and listening to some music on iTunes I happened to look at my desktop and was baffled to see the BOOTCAMP hard drive icon renamed "he got the money" Now nobody has access to my iMac expect for myself and nobody else lives in my apartment apart from me so there is nobody else who would go on it to rename any folders or hard drives.

I am totally freaked out here.

2. Artmuzz thread starter macrumors 6502

Does anyone know of any good Spyware apps? Because this is totally freaking me out.

3. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

I would just backup the files on your Windows partition and re-install Windows. Afterwards install Microsoft Security Essentials or ESET NOD32 (your OS X partition is safe).

To remove Windows and then reinstall, just run the Boot Camp Assistant twice (once to remove the Windows partition and once again to re-add it).

4. Artmuzz thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks I'll try that though my Windows partition doesn't have internet connection as I only use the Mac OSX partition for the net so I don't know where the spyware or virus came from.

To the other guy who suggested that I may of been drunk or high well I am never drunk and/or high when using my iMac because I've stopped drinking and have never taken drugs unless its the beetroot juice thats doing funny things to my mind.