Strategy for selling old iPhone4 (and still having a phone to use)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UnknownMacNoob, Sep 14, 2012.

1. UnknownMacNoob macrumors member

Putting aside the fact that I can sell my old iPhone4 AFTER i get the iPhone5.......
    would this strategy work.
    Someone offered me $200 for my black i4 with a shattered back glass. I figure this is pretty good and will pay for the i5.
    Now should I sell it now, buy another i4 ( at ATT) to use until next week and return it to the store and get the i5 on launch day (assuming I camp/they have it in stock).

I guess what I am asking is will this work?

2. blco02 macrumors member

I was thinking of doing the same thing, but you have to pay a restocking fee if you return it.

3. flynnst0ne macrumors regular

Seems like a lot of work. Why not just sell it once you've gotten the new phone??

4. jamst149 macrumors member

Just get a prepaid burner for a week or whatever

5. wknapp0924 macrumors 6502

The person I was selling my 4S to was upgrading from a 3gs. He said he would buy the 4s if he could have it then. So I reluctantly traded him and now I have the 3GS until my 5 comes on Friday....lol.

Cutting a 3gs sim to fit in a 4s is a piece of cake, trying to put the microsim in reg sim is not so easy, but I jimmied it enough to work:) Wow this 3gs is garbage!!

6. WouterDS macrumors member

WouterDS

Sold mine 3 weeks ago for 365€ (+- 475$).
    (iPhone 4 32GB Black)

7. jamst149 macrumors member

If u have an iphone with no service contract (like me currently) use google voice/talkatone combo to text and make calls

8. richpuer macrumors 6502

Aapl website says 30 days for returns on iPhones. Didn't mention anything about restock fees