Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ozreth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
Will steaming games work well with airparrot on my 2010 13" or should I stick with plugging into the tv? How about movies and everything else? What is really the advantage of AirPlay other than being mobile around the room because there is no chord? Thanks!

InfinitiG

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
I think that's essentially the same as what Airparrot does. I'm not worried about a JB or anything, Im mostly looking for the benefits of mirroring over plugging my computer directly into the television.

not at all actually, i have them both, air parrot is good for everything except videos. try them both and see for yourself

ozreth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
not at all actually, i have them both, air parrot is good for everything except videos. try them both and see for yourself

Gotcha, I'll try that.

Still, though, is the difference when streaming videos and/or games going to be negligible between mirroring vs plugging in through hdmi?

InfinitiG

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
Gotcha, I'll try that.

Still, though, is the difference when streaming videos and/or games going to be negligible between mirroring vs plugging in through hdmi?

I really dont think you will be able to tell the difference between beamer and hdmi.

I have had problems with the reliability of airparrot and none with beamer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.