Streaming from iCloud

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Ok, forgive the old question, did a quick search but it's late and I'm tired.

I've been streaming my music from iCloud for the past few days assuming it's downloading the songs as well. But now I'm looking at my storage via iTunes and there is only 0.01 GB of Audio listed. WTH?? So was I wrong thinking it was actually downloading these songs???

famous600

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
Ok, forgive the old question, did a quick search but it's late and I'm tired.

I've been streaming my music from iCloud for the past few days assuming it's downloading the songs as well. But now I'm looking at my storage via iTunes and there is only 0.01 GB of Audio listed. WTH?? So was I wrong thinking it was actually downloading these songs???
Ios6 made streaming an option with iTunes match. So it no longer automatically downloads. If you want to download click the little cloud button with an arrow in it not to the song.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Ios6 made streaming an option with iTunes match. So it no longer automatically downloads. If you want to download click the little cloud button with an arrow in it not to the song.
I found the download buttons for Artists and Playlist which I've gone ahead and used for several while I'm on WiFi @ home...but still not seeing it for individual songs. I'll have to look harder tomorrow.

Thanks for the info re: the change in iOS 6.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
I found the download buttons for Artists and Playlist which I've gone ahead and used for several while I'm on WiFi @ home...but still not seeing it for individual songs. I'll have to look harder tomorrow.

Single songs were downloadable in ios5. I don't see the option either in ios6

----------

Single songs were downloadable in ios5. I don't see the option either in ios6.

And you also can't delete songs anymore.