Streaming TV and Movies from iCloud?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paultanderberg, Sep 26, 2012.

1. paultanderberg, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012

paultanderberg macrumors newbie

Alright, so I know this is more iOS than iPhone, but I figure the question might still get answered here anyway.

When will we be able to stream purchased TV Shows and Movies on iCloud to our iDevices? Kinda like iTunes Match but instead of just for music, we can stream other stuff as well? BTW, I know we can redownload, yes. I'm talking stream.

Or does it already exist in some form? Don't get me wrong, I consider myself very up-to-date on Apple products/services, but I'm not arrogant/stubborn enough to think that a service like that couldn't possibly exist without my noticing.

Thanks, guys!

-Paul

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

I think you mean iTunes since it is not possible to purchase any type of content through iCloud. iCloud is not the same thing as iTunes.

3. paultanderberg thread starter macrumors newbie

True, but there was an update a year ago or so that made it so all iTunes purchases are available for redownload from iCloud. That was my understanding, anyway. Either way, is there a way/plan for the future to be able to stream from those purchases?

4. brand macrumors 601

brand

Since we are not privy to Apple future plans we have no way of knowing that.

5. paultanderberg thread starter macrumors newbie

...and yet stuff gets rumored/leaked ALL the time. :)

I just wanted to see if I had a blind spot in my services/products knowledge of Apple or if there was a rumor I hadn't heard about for the future.

6. brand macrumors 601

brand

I just looked in the iCloud and iTunes forums and saw several posts that mentioned music and movies did you happen to look at either of the forums that deal specifically with what you are asking about?

7. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

Http://apple.com/feedback