iPod Stress test to the new iPod Nano - by Arstechnica

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Good to see a Nano survive the washer, though I fear it will lead to unwarranted expectations.

So, let's nip it in the bud. You put your new Nano through the wash, don't expect it to work.

Like the woman's brother. Who walked into the ocean with his cellphone in his pocket.

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
Disappointing drop test. I don't drop things often, but it happens now and then. I've been lucky so far, but if I get a nano and accidently drop it at the wrong time, say while changing tracks on the bus, I don't want my screen to knock out =\

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Jun 10, 2006
Yeah the drop test is kinda scary. I never drop my things, but just in case I do, I don't want it to die :(

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
My deepest condolences to the little iPod nano who sacrificed its life so others may live. RIP little one.

BurtonCCC

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Wheaton/Normal, IL
Arstechnica said:
The nano and my laundry went through a full wash with powder detergent, rinse, and spin cycle. When I went down an hour later to put the laundry in the dryer, the nano sat by itself at the bottom of the washer. It, not surprisingly, had come out of the jeans pocket and had to go through the whole ordeal alone. How emo.
:)

Daniel.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
The new nano has more RAM than my parents iMac. :eek:

With the introduction of the 2G iPod nano, we see that Apple decided to merge the two and create a hybrid iPod nano-mini with all of the size and features from the iPod nano (but better), and the popular colored aluminum casing of the iPod mini.
Introducing the iPod nini. :D

abeyk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2006
Houston, TX
spicyapple said:
My deepest condolences to the little iPod nano who sacrificed its life so others may live. RIP little one.
actually it didn't die, but it did go blind :(