Stuck in limbo with my iPhone "reserved" wtf

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mellofello, Sep 14, 2012.

1. mellofello macrumors 65816

Oh no I can't get my order info! I gave my info and it froze then told me I had my phone reserved but didn't guarantee launch day delivery. Now I can't cancel the reservation. Kill me now wtflyingf?

2. skywavesli macrumors regular

skywavesli

In the same boat.

I got the message via the Apple Store app, and promptly received an email with the confirmation number and directions to wait. I tried separately on the Apple website, where it told me that I already have an iPhone reservation - so it's clearly in the system.

While I would have preferred to finished the order (like many other people here), I think we're all good. :)

3. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

4. skywavesli macrumors regular

skywavesli

This was at 12:08 AM.

I don't think it's sold out, it's reserved. It's just that the carrier servers were down, so instead of Apple simply telling you to "try later" they reserve one for you so you can come back later when the carrier servers are back up. Which is good. :cool:

5. mellofello thread starter macrumors 65816

Got the ready email but now can't log in f()$&@&

6. Built macrumors 68020

Definitely not sold out at 0008 PDT. I got an order through on the Apple Store app at 0023 PDT.

I got the confirmation email right away and just went back to the Apple site to check my account and my order is right there with the notation, "We've received your order."

I tried getting through on the Apple site through the web and it just hung up on the page where you choose between an existing line, etc...

The Apple Store app worked like a charm.

7. McBeats macrumors 6502a

8. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Same here .... then after I got this on my iPhone, I tried on my wifes to upgrade her line as well and got the same thing.

Basically they can;t reach the AT&T server to verify eligibility so they reserve one for you and you can come back later to complete your transaction.

This Same thing happened last year and I went to bed, woke up checked out with the emailed instructions (they came a few hours later) and my phone arrived on launch date.

Really I think minus completing your whole transaction the reservations is the next best thing!

9. skywavesli macrumors regular

skywavesli

This.

I think I remember this happening to me last year actually, and everything worked out fine - got it on launch day.

I think we're all good. :D

10. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

FYI : this is what you get if you now have a reservation on your line and you go in to try and complete with Apple.com ...........

Important information about your order.
    The phone number you provided already has an iPhone reservation or open order associated with it. If you have a reservation, please follow the instructions that were emailed to you. If you have an open order, you will need to cancel it to purchase a new iPhone for this number.

11. McBeats macrumors 6502a

just made an order in att.com ... took long enough, still have 2 reservations on apple.com pending (tryin different methods to get it to work but no dice)

12. skywavesli macrumors regular

skywavesli

Was thinking about trying through the AT&T website, but was worried it would cause confusion or some kind of mix up.

How did you get two reservations on apple.com? When I tried again it simply told me I already have a reservation/open order.

13. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

I got the reserved e-mail at 12:04 am PST for my line.

2 minutes later I tried my wife's account and was able to purchase hers.

Now I'm just waiting for my e-mail to actually purchase mine.

14. skywavesli macrumors regular

skywavesli

FYI: I think last year I got my email to complete the order the next day. But I'll wait a little while longer tonight too, just in case.

15. mtnDewFTW, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

Ordered my 32gb white iPhone without a problem. Now having a hard time ordering one for my girlfriend (same family plan). Her's is 'reserved' and I'm not sure what that means. Can't do anything. Haven't even gotten any emails yet about it.

Does anyone know how long this usually takes? will she need to wait 2 weeks or will she get it on the 21st? it was reserved before the shipping time changed.

EDIT: Just got the email! Wow, as soon as I pressed 'post' on here it came through LOL

EDIT 2: So, just checked out. Says 2 weeks until it ships :(

16. skywavesli macrumors regular

skywavesli

Last year my phone was also "reserved" at first, then I got the email to complete the order the next day, and I ended up getting the phone on launch day.

So I'm hoping it's the same case for this year, and we don't have to wait 2 weeks. But since our iPhone is "reserved" (and we're just waiting for the carrier's servers to clear up) I think we're all good.

17. heyroth macrumors newbie

i got the same thing for my dad, but he hasn't received his email.. what does your email say exactly? Could we just call in (maybe not tomorrow but soon)

18. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

I can go in and complete the transaction now.... but it says shipping 2 weeks even though i reserved it immediately.

This is ********.

19. critten macrumors member

Yeah I am seeing the same thing and the worst thing is it wont let me finish the transaction (final checkout button loops me)

20. meganator macrumors member

SO MAD. I was able to complete the transaction after it told me my phone was reserved and it is showing two week shipping. I'm freaking livid.

21. skywavesli macrumors regular

skywavesli

How can you guys go in and try completing the transaction without receiving the email to complete the order? Or did you guys already get the second email to complete the order?

22. meganator macrumors member

I got the email to complete the order. But all it lets you do at that point is add it to your cart. The "we have a phone for you" and reservation stuff was all BS. There was no phone reserved, or it would have popped up with launch day delivery.

23. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

I login to my apple id, and it is on the track order page as an option.

24. skywavesli macrumors regular

skywavesli

This is what the email says:

"Dear Apple Customer,
    Your iPhone has been reserved and your reservation number is: XXXXXXX

We will email when we’re able to reach the carrier systems. The email will include instructions to complete your order as well as the return link. You will have 24 hours from the time the email is sent to return to the Apple Online store to proceed with your order. If you do not complete your purchase within 24 hours, your reservation will be canceled.

You may check the status of your reservation at any time by visiting buyiphone.apple.com/status.

Thank you,
    The Apple Online Store"

25. hastethedav macrumors newbie

wow.

literally got stuck with the "Reserved" bs at 12:17

FINALLY got the other email to finish.....and the date has slipped.
    What is the point of a reservation then? Apple.....I already despise alot of your business tactics but this is just ridiculous