Stuck on 4.1 and no ability to use Iphone as a phone!?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Sirving55, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Sirving55 macrumors newbie

Hi
    I was travelling in the USA last week and bought a second hand Iphone 3GS. I've now returned to Sweden and after changing out the AT&T simcard with my Swedish simcard I now can't use it as a phone. I guess lots of people are asking this same question but I'm wondering if anyone knows how or when my Iphone might be possible to use? I jailbreaked it using Limerain and it's now running on IOS 4.1 (8B117). My apologies if I'm just asking something that's been asked lots of times before!? :confused:

Any help appreciated!

2. Flyinb macrumors member

If you updated to 4.1 and your baseband changed from 1.59 to the latest, you cannot unlock using Ultrasnow. If you are still on 1.59, load Ultrasnow from Cydia and unlock.

PM me if needed.

You can also go to the Modmyi forums and get additional help.

3. Sirving55 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure how to PM you but my mail address is Stephen@afabinfo.com. I have used Ultrasnow through Cydia but got nowhere fast! I'm completely stumped!?

4. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

The OP does not have an iPhone 4.....

S-

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

A 3GS on 4.1 cannot be unlocked at this time. The baseband was updated when you updated the firmware. You need to wait until the Dev Team releases an unlock--the absolute soonest that will occur is after the release of 4.2 in November, and there are no guarantees that all phones upgraded will be unlockable. We just don't know.

Baseband firmware cannot be rolled back to prior versions, so you cannot downgrade it. Basically, you have an iPod Touch until an unlock is released--if one ever is.

First lesson of jailbreaking: If you need an unlock, never ever update firmware without checking the Dev Team blog first. The newest info about unlocking will always be there. http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

Sorry not to provide better news. Hopefully the rumored unlock late this year will apply to your phone.

6. TorontoLRT macrumors 6502

Wow, that sucks! Try selling the 3GS back to an American and buying your own version.