Stuck on Apple Logo Screen After Attempting to Erase Back To Factory Settings!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HappyDude20, Nov 22, 2010.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

@ work earlier today I decided to go into Sys. Pref's on my iPod Touch and decided to erase and return to factory settings...it said it would take an hour but it's been much longer than that.

I'm now home and connected my Touch to my MBP, hoping iTunes would show my iPod Touch but it doesn't, plus the iPod is still displaying the apple logo only.

How can I get my iPod Touch working again?

2. sailsmart macrumors newbie

Ipod Touch and Itunes won't talk

I've seen this thread often but am unhappy with the answers. So, rather than repeating again the process someone else posted, please offer something that will work for me with a better explanation as to why it went bad.

Problem: my Ipod touch is not recognized in Itunes. I can download via usb, it's fully charged etc.

Attempts to resolve: holding the on button and the home button for 5 sec. Opening and closing both Itunes and the connection to the computer via usb (in case it's a process of what recognizes what when)

What changed recently in my Ipod habits: was abroad and used a wall charger and an airport wifi. So some settings were adjusted, but they're all back now.

Why am I mad? If other people have these problems then why doesn't the Ipod itself have a troubleshooting and help screen to walk me through the solution? If the Ipod sync is greyed out, then why doesn't the help screen tell me how to fix the problem? There should be a remote detect procedure to help me find out why an expensive item like this is acting up. I mean, a net book would cost me less and be more efficient. Ipod Touch should not be a mystery to fix.

Trolls stay away.

3. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Well, I figured it out...I just continued to hold the home button as I connected it to iTunes...worked simple enough.

4. bryanus macrumors member

wow that was easy...

thanks for that tip! Same issue happened to mine as I was trying to ready it for resale. I held both top power button and Home until the screen blanked out, then continued to hold the Home button until iTunes alerted me about needing to Restore (I had iTunes already open and the iPod was already connected).

Now it's downloading the OS and restoring as I type.

Thanks again!

5. NathanA macrumors 6502a

I have generally found (and Google seems to back me up on this) that if you have a jailbroken iOS device and you use the Erase All Content option, it bricks the installed OS image and it won't boot up anymore. I'm not sure what about jailbreaking causes this behavior. You need to restore after that.

-- Nathan