Stuck pixel iPhone 6 Plus!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zea, Oct 5, 2014.

1. zea macrumors member

I was watching some videos on my new iPhone 6 Plus and noticed a stuck red pixel. The weird thing is that the pixel will change to all other colors except when it's a dark color, which is when it's stuck as red. I also noticed when the screen brightness is turned to 100%, the pixel operates as normally then too. It's very weird.

Do you think it's worth trying to get it replaced? I could try and keep the brightness always at 100%, but it's starting to hurt my eyes. I'm hoping it fixes itself soon but I also don't want to swap my phone for a worse one, with bigger problems. Thoughts?

2. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

3. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Odd that the brightness effects it, it really shouldn't

4. ToyGun1 macrumors 6502

Hello, Please download Dead Spotter App from App Store and turn your brightness to 100%. (Dark room)
    I do this to all my new devices.
    Having to replace three iphone 6+due to dead and stuck pixels.

5. zea thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, very odd! At this point I'm just trying to decide if the Genius Bar appointment is worth it, because I know how to make it go away (by turning the brightness up). I've been through many replacements for previous iPhone generations and I just don't know if it's worth it this time around.

6. ToyGun1 macrumors 6502

Just take it back for replacement you paid good money for a perfect device.

7. ilifecomputer macrumors 6502

I tried this and left after the genius opened 5 devices which all had dead/stuck pixels. One had this nasty piece of dirt in the glass too. I left with the device I had. QC isn't amazing this time around.

8. zea thread starter macrumors member

Well, I called Apple.com support (I ordered this phone on Apple.com) and they said they'd replace it, but I'd have to send this one back in first. Which means, 3-5 business days there, and 3-5 business days back. Unfortunately, I can't do that because this is my only phone.

They said I could try taking it in to the Apple Store an hour away, but they couldn't promise anything because this was an Apple.com order. I've never had this amount of trouble with Apple Support before. Have they stopped doing Express Exchanges, where they place a hold on your card?