STUCK! Reset iPhone 4 iOS 5 to Factory Defaults with Airplane mode on, won't activate

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by FocusAndEarnIt, May 14, 2012.

1. FocusAndEarnIt macrumors 601

FocusAndEarnIt

Hey guys, please help me out. I'm in a pickle. I reset my iPhone to factory settings and all went well. However, before I did so, I forgot that I had put it in airplane mode and didn't switch it out. Airplane mode is still on and there's no way to get it out. What's the big deal? Well it's trying to reactivate my phone and it won't activate it without the antennas on...and I can't get to the Settings to disable Airplane mode because it's in that iOS 5 initial set up. I can't get past it at all to

Any ideas? How can I get this Airplane mode disabled so it can activate? I tried activating through iTunes and it didn't work. It is not jailbroken or anything.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Have you tried restoring your iPhone via iTunes?

3. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Put it into DFU mode, then restore via iTunes. Should return it to the factory default...

4. FocusAndEarnIt thread starter macrumors 601

FocusAndEarnIt

That didn't do the trick. I think I am going to take it to Apple unless someone has any other ideas?

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Make sure when you restore that you do not restore from a backup afterwards.