Student and Teacher annual sale question?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cyberguycpt, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Cyberguycpt macrumors 6502

Cyberguycpt

Hi I'm wondering if anyone has any idea when Apple annual back to school sale will start this year? Also any idea what the promotion will consist of. One kind of off topic question does anyone know if Apple will give a invoice with the projected cost of the computer. I ask this because my credit union approved me for $2400 on a computer loan but said that I would have the show a invoice and then they would provide me with a cashiers check. Thanks in advance for any feedback. Just FYI I'm looking at buying a MB or MBP 2015

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

They usually start in july sometime although they have just been various levels of gift cards for a few years now. If you order online you can get an invoice or just screen print the projected cost from the apple website if you like. Remember to get education pricing that can save you a lot on the hardware and more on applecare.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It's coming up soon, though an iTunes card is less of a draw for me. I don't see the value of the promotion - just my$.02

4. Cyberguycpt, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015

Cyberguycpt thread starter macrumors 6502

Cyberguycpt

Well I hear what you are saying but last year they offered an Apple Store gift card which would really come in handy if I do buy the MacBook and need to buy a UsB-C adaptor. Hey if I already am planning on buying one might as well get a freebie.

5. ano0oj macrumors 6502

Well my question to you is that do you really need a $2400 computer if you're getting it through loans?
    The cost of interest will bring the price up of this computer greatly, maybe reconsider your options and look into a laptop that will get the job done thats closer to $1000.

Keep your loans as minimal as possible!!

6. Cyberguycpt thread starter macrumors 6502

Cyberguycpt

Yeah, definitely understand what you are saying. The loan approval amount is 2400 but I'm looking to utilize about 1300 of that. The interest rate is about 4% so it really won't hurt my pocket too much with the interest fees. It's through my credit union so it's not too bad.

7. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

It's always been an iTunes gift card, not an Apple store card. When I bought my Pro I got the $100 gift card for iTunes. Took me the year to use it. I just went through the Education store to buy my Air...seemed worthless to wait for something I wouldn't use.

8. Cyberguycpt thread starter macrumors 6502

Cyberguycpt

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434480261.955050.jpg

Well last year they gave out a Apple Store gift card, that would be kind of useful to me.

9. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

That would definitely be useful. Kinda rare though.

10. Cyberguycpt thread starter macrumors 6502

Cyberguycpt

When you received the App Store gift card did you get it right away or was there a rebate involved?

11. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

It arrived in the mail before the Mac was even shipped.