Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95218&page=1

An Oklahoma high school suspended a

15-year-old student after accusing her of casting a magic spell

that caused a teacher to become sick, lawyers for the student

said on Friday.

The American Civil Liberties Union said it had filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on behalf of student Brandi Blackbear, charging that the assistant principal of Union Intermediate High School in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, suspended her for 15 days last December for supposedly casting a spell.

The suit also charged the Tulsa-area Union Public Schools with repeatedly violating Blackbear’s civil rights by seizing notebooks she used to write horror stories and barring her from drawing or wearing signs of the pagan religion Wicca.

“It’s hard for me to believe that in the year 2000 I am walking into court to defend my daughter against charges of witchcraft brought by her own school,” said Timothy Blackbear, Brandi’s father.

‘Outlandish Accusations’

Joann Bell, executive director of the ACLU’s Oklahoma chapter, said the “outlandish accusations” had made Blackbear’s life at school unbearable.

“I, for one, would like to see the so-called evidence this school has that a 15-year-old girl made a grown man sick by casting a magic spell,” Bell said.
Female = possible witch <<Check

of COURSE the "woman" is most likely guilty here, they ALL are capable of witchcraft :amen:if it wasn't for evil wenches, I am sure I would have been 6' tall, handsome & rich by now :D

PLEASE adjust your sarcasm meters when replying, hard to believe we are dealing with this crap in this day & age. guessing the moron affected has watched "American Horror story" one too many times.

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
I wouldn't expel the student, instead, I would grade the effort.

Did the target of the spell change? No. Sorry, only half points. Please try harder next time.

G51989

macrumors 68030
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
15-year-old student after accusing her of casting a magic spell

that caused a teacher to become sick, lawyers for the student

said on Friday.

Well, I love it when officials actually believe in witchcraft.

I think its time to seal off that state and quarantine it;.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
That assistant principal and any other idiot administrators involved are clearly not competent to be educating children. Fire them all and strip them of their educators licenses permanently. Go find a new career.. I hear McDonalds is always hiring.

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
The only magic here is re-incarnation: The story's from 2000.

“It’s hard for me to believe that in the year 2000 I am walking into court to defend my daughter against charges of witchcraft brought by her own school,” said Timothy Blackbear, Brandi’s father.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
Pumpkindale
The only magic here is re-incarnation: The story's from 2000.
And it was made into a TV movie:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_Like_Everyone_Else
Not Like Everyone Else is a 2006 TV movie that aired on Lifetime Television and starred Alia Shawkat, Illeana Douglas and Eric Schweig. It is based on a true story of events that happened to Brandi Blackbear in 1999–2000. This telefilm was shot in Shreveport, Louisiana.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
Hm. It is clearly time to retrieve & reread my (much loved) copy of the wonderful book "The Last Witch Finder" by James Morrow. (For those who love wit, learning, intelligence in writing and a book that is a rollicking good read, I cannot recommend it highly enough.)

What a very odd and rather strange country the US seems to be at times......would Nathaniel Hawthorne be able to do justice to this sort of tale, if he were still in the land of the living, do you think?

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
Furthermore, should they really expect anything less? I mean, really, and not to stereotype (my family comes from Oklahoma):

1. There are at least 15 different tribes in that area alone. I can think of 7 off the top of my head (Cherokee, Choctaw, Chickasaw, Seminole, Creek, Sac and Fox, Delaware).

2. Blackbear is an Indian name.

3. Dances and spells abound, especially with peyote being involved in their rituals.

One would hope that being accused of being a heretic would have died in colonial times, and especially after Salem. Sadly, we are proven wrong.

BL.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Hm. It is clearly time to retrieve & reread my (much loved) copy of the wonderful book "The Last Witch Finder" by James Morrow. (For those who love wit, learning, intelligence in writing and a book that is a rollicking good read, I cannot recommend it highly enough.)

What a very odd and rather strange country the US seems to be at times......would Nathaniel Hawthorne be able to do justice to this sort of tale, if he were still in the land of the living, do you think?
I heard that the Oklahoma Board Of Education (an oxymoron?) is adding Malleus Maleficarum to the required reading list.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
I heard that the Oklahoma Board Of Education (an oxymoron?) is adding Malleus Maleficarum to the required reading list.
An excellent addition to the library, and required reading list, needless to say. One may contemplate burning the remainder of the collection on the required reading list, but cherish and treasure this timeless text - indeed, it may need to be kept chained to its shelf lest nimble student hands feloniously remove it..........

Forsooth, 'tis only safe to restoreth the Office of Witchsmeller Pursuivant.
Ah, now that is an ancient and venerable office well worth resurrecting and resuscitating in these challenging times. And I am quite certain that we should be able to fill it with admirably qualified candidates.