Student Suspended for Rape Because He Didn't Stop Friends from Slapping Girl's Butt

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by cfedu, Apr 8, 2016.

1. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

http://reason.com/blog/2016/04/07/student-suspended-for-rape-because-he-di

Another example of "rape culture"

The tl;dr version, girls consents to orgy, a little bit latter has sex again and some other guys join in and slap her butt. The guy who did not slap her butt and who the victim admitted to having consensual sex with gets suspended for 2 years for sexual assault. Title IX is a complete joke.

2. boast macrumors 65816

boast

Universities should try and better the lives of students, not ruin them.

3. LiveM macrumors 6502a

LiveM

This rough sex thing is pathetic but I hardly call a slap on the butt rough - used to be de rigeur at the office in certain businesses.

4. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I'd certainly be fighting this one until the bitter end.

5. Robisan macrumors 6502

All parties are guilty for choosing to be USC students.

6. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

sorry, but if you are having consensual sex with someone, and do not say anything contrary to that it isn't rape.

calling something like that "rape" just diminishes the meaning of the word.

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

8. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

The cynic in me says maybe she got embarrassed by the situation after the event, and wants some sort of retribution for it.

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I'm not sure Jane is the issue, she maintains the sex was consensual. The university sound like they've gone mad.

10. Meister Suspended

Meister

Mad uni officials seem to have become the norm.

It's also bizare that a university "convicts" students.

11. FieldingMellish Suspended

That's not their job? ;)

12. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

You may want to read the pdf linked there. It's somewhat more complete although still not totally complete. The other students don't attend the university, so the university has no direct authority over them. The girl accused someone of "forcefully fingering", possibly while she was performing oral sex.

The document doesn't make it sound like an orgy. They were at a party and the girl and guy mentioned went off to one of the bedrooms. The other 2 entered. She supposedly performed oral on one of them earlier that evening. The two guys that entered were accused of forcefully fingering and a couple other details that aren't really confirmed by the article. Some of the other witnesses don't mention the fingering part. It's consistent that all sexual contact ended after the ass slap.

She started crying. They immediately stopped. She sent him a text the next day.

Now she didn't consent for the other guys to be involved that time. I get that. The school however charged him with "leaving her alone" and "encouraging or permitting" other students to slap her ass. They can't do anything with the other students, so they accuse him of rape, because he did not control the others. The university also refers to it as a university sponsored activity, and I'm not sure that is accurate..

I would agree that the university has gone mad, but I still have an issue with parts of the reason.com author's portrayal. It isn't an accurate summary or analysis of his references.

13. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

crcfedu all happy with a fake rape report again. MRA's are all up in arms now.

14. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Man, if I had a nickel for every time I had my ass slapped during a rough orgy....

15. cfedu thread starter macrumors 65816

cfedu

No, It's not a false accusation. It's sad that you will not take this woman's assault serious. I'm having a hard time understanding why the regressive left is incapable of reading and has limited cognitive ability to conclude that there was an assault.

I will make it easy for you to understand, A rapes B and police arrest C. You see, B was raped and A is a rapist, it makes no sense to accuse C of raping B when B says he did not.

Here is the another case.

here is some more reading for you

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Park_jogger_case

16. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

17. Robisan macrumors 6502

Actually, all parties and the court agreed that the butt slapping wasn't consensual and was against the school's Code of Conduct. Consent to begin sexual contact does not grant consent to anything/everything that may subsequently occur. See @12 for a better understanding of what happened.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 9, 2016 ---
    You'd still be broke? ;)

18. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    He's a liberal. Probably expects us to give him the nickels. :mad:

19. Robisan macrumors 6502

Ah, and of course the free love abounds.

20. cfedu, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016

cfedu thread starter macrumors 65816

cfedu

I care about both victims in this case unlike you. The perpetrators are the school that knowingly went after the wrong person and the men that assaulted her. When an institution knowingly goes after innocent people, it is a "culture" of institutionalized abuse, which should be brought to attention.

21. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Which would be fine if the accused had done the slapping.

It's a bit like throwing me out of school because one of my friends did cocaine and I didn't stop them.

22. Robisan macrumors 6502

It's USC, Jake.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 9, 2016 ---
    Lack of institutional control is a specialty at USC.

23. A.Goldberg, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016

A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

If Jane didn't explicitly didn't ask the the slapping to stop, how does Doe know that the slapping was not consensual too. I understand rape victims sometimes are too afraid to say stop, but it creates quite a bit of confusion if everything else was consentual.

This is just another example of why schools should not be the deciding factors on cases like this. They are not the police or a jury. If a rape victim is too scared of the legal process... I guess it's the cost of Justice. You shouldn't be able to circumvent a legal process in defense of the alleged victim. That's not how our legal system works.

I'm not discounting the stress a legal proceeding undoubtably has on a rape victim, but actual rape is a crime and should be handled as such. If a student is a rapist, he/she should be treated as one and be subjected to the full extent of the law.

(This is when I was in college I made everyone I had sex with sign a time stamped e-contract indicating what services could and could not be preformed. Ok I'm kidding- but it sounds like we're getting the point where people generally can't communicate their limits, wants, and expectations, etc)

24. Robisan macrumors 6502

From the summary @12 of the court judgment in the OP:

The document doesn't make it sound like an orgy. They were at a party and the girl and guy mentioned went off to one of the bedrooms. The other 2 entered. She supposedly performed oral on one of them earlier that evening. The two guys that entered were accused of forcefully fingering and a couple other details that aren't really confirmed by the article. Some of the other witnesses don't mention the fingering part. It's consistent that all sexual contact ended after the ass slap.

She started crying. They immediately stopped.

Now, the morons at USC (a redundancy) were, based on the facts, wrong to find that Doe was in a position to and should've prevented or stopped the ass slapping. However, we needn't suppose borderline victim blaming contrary to the actual facts that all parties agreed occurred.

25. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

Am I confused, is the butt slap being called rape? If I punch someone in the face, will I be charged with rape?