Students at Troubled School District Attend Pride Event

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Aug 10, 2011.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Well, this is great to see. If Michele Bachmann won't address problems in her own district, then the people of the district will do her job for her. It's great that people came together and did this for these kids. Watch the video too.

My bold. This is so true. I often said that to myself at that age. Bachmann, own this- don't ignore it.

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_..._Troubled_School_District_Attend_Pride_Event/

2. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Oh, I'm pretty sure she'd own that. She'd openly tell those kids that if she knew who they were she wouldn't love them or like them, and then sleep like a baby. A demented, hateful baby.

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

OK, so I'm being extreme here. But seriously- when are people like her going to realize the impact of these awful policies and then address them? And this issue has been brought to her attention. It's been brought up by reporters and she refuses to address it in any way.

4. IntelliUser macrumors 6502

Dunno about Michelle but Marcus will be there trying to cure some teachers.

Attached Files:

5. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

That is awesome! :)

6. 184550 Guest

Well, I see certain people didn't learn anything from the previous thread on this matter. :rolleyes:

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Whoever is downrating posts: Stop being a damn coward and debate like a grown up.

8. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Yes, I see you most certainly didn't. Politician's opinions and support of certain policies definitely matter, no matter how much you like to pretend they don't.

Adults can argue amongst themselves all they want, but when policy decisions they make and support start hurting kids, that's when any sort of political idealism has to take a back seat. Ignoring it and hoping it goes away doesn't work.

9. 184550 Guest

I'm just amazed certain people can put that much into what politicians say. It seems incredibly naive to me.

10. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

I'm equally amazed at how politicians can ignore things going on in their own districts that are directly related to policies they support. But hey- that's just me.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/201...ann-teen-suicide-epidemic-ban-on-gay-marriage

Like I said before- adults can do what they want. But when what they do and say starts hurting kids, that's when they need to stop.

11. 184550 Guest

Yes, I am utterly amazed that my Congressman (who represents ~619,178 people) and Senator(s) don't care about every issue that matters to me on a local level.

I hope I'm never that conceited.

12. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Well gosh- color me silly. But I would think that maybe, just maybe, if something had gotten so bad in my district that the federal government was investigating...oh, I don't know, LIKE KIDS KILLING THEMSELVES AT ALARMING RATES- I might have something I might want to do and say about that- especially if it were related to policies I supported. But hey- that's just me. I guess I'm just naive. :rolleyes:

I know- it's so conceited of her constituents to think that she would care. It really is unbelievable what people expect from politicians these days. It really is.

13. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I've fixed more than a few in the last week. But I can only "Up" once per post.

If this feature is to be abused it might just as well be taken away.

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Do you not understand that words have consequences? People in office have the bloody pulpit. They can influence and incite other people. They set the tone in other words. To ignore their influence is incredibly naive.

15. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Michele Bachmann is a disgusting c***rag. I never use that word but it's the only one i can think of that applies to her. She should be ashamed of herself. I hope all her children turn out gay.

16. stevenlangley1 macrumors regular

stevenlangley1

Politics aside, It's great to see some members of that community identify a problem and try to do something positive to help.

17. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

I certainly don't. Remember her husband tries to "cure" them.

Yes it is.

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I used to think that about people like Michelle Bachmann too, but no, it's not fair to the kids. Gay children need parents who accept them for who they are and support them. I think having parents like that would only drive a gay teen to suicide.

It's a shame though - it seems like people like her are the ones who end up having gay children. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if one of her children turns out gay. It's not fair to them at all.

19. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Very good point. I wonder who is downrating the posts.

20. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Perhaps limit that ability to at least people with avatars, i.e. 500+ posts. :confused:

Or even just Demi's. :eek:

:p

21. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Yeah we need to get rid of this rating feature. It's really all about following the heard. Although I did like it on the front page articles and they got rid of that.

22. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

What is the purpose of the ratings anyway ? I could understand if it told us who voted what. (BTW I rated you a positive, so now you are only down to -5. pat pat):)

What's with the tea party crack ?

23. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

She's part of the TEA Party, which is mainly fiercely anti-gay.

24. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Really?

Don't go there, but perhaps the powers that be do not appreciate any negative response to what they publish there?

As has oft been said, MR is not a democracy.

25. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

Tea party list 15 core beliefs. Only number 15 is about traditional family values. And that states traditional family values are encouraged (no, I am not stupid, I know what they mean). But what about the other 14 beliefs. Just because someone feels 7% of their beliefs are ****ed up, does that make them total d-bags? So a gay couple gets to get legally married, does that do them any go if they end up living in a refridgerator box ?