Students Sign Petition to Imprison/kill All Registered Gun Owners

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
College Students Sign Petition to Imprison All Registered Gun Owners!

All I can say is wow, he starts off pretty tame and then starts getting crazy with what he wants to do but people keep signing.

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
But but but I thought gun owners are illogical and don't care about life.

This guy is great, he does a lot of fake petitions for crazy off the wall stuff. One that I was most amazed with was repealing the bill of rights so no one could talk bad about Obama so he can finally make change, and so many people signed it. Madness!

All his videos are done right at the Santa Monica pier too, pretty far far left mentality there.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
All I can say is wow, he starts off pretty tame and then starts getting crazy with what he wants to do but people keep signing.
I'm curious how many of those people either knew it was a joke or weren't paying attention. I don't think you're going to find anyone who genuinely wants to imprison or execute all gun owners unless you dig pretty deep. Also bleh Santa Monica... although I used to go jogging in Marina Del Rey through Venice.

SoAnyway

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2011
As much as I believe in much stronger gun regulations, this is where I draw the line as calling for anyone's death is not a good idea.

At best this is a good conversation starter but it may have gone too far. Then again, perhaps the conversation needs to go even further the other direction considering how far to the extreme right the right wingers have all ready brought the issue?

tktaylor1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
Nashville, TN
As much as I believe in much stronger gun regulations, this is where I draw the line as calling for anyone's death is not a good idea.

At best this is a good conversation starter but it may have gone too far. Then again, perhaps the conversation needs to go even further the other direction considering how far to the extreme right the right wingers have all ready brought the issue?
Did you watch the video? It was complete satire -- sarcasm.

"How far the extreme right wingers have brought the issue?"
If I'm not mistaken, it is the left wingers who bring up the issue. They are the only ones who bring it up and talk about it. Just look through all of the threads there are on gun related issues and see what is said. Its plain as day.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012

You do know it was satire, right?

This isn't a real petition.

You're not going to be imprisoned, and no more than the slim minority (likely not even 1%) would really want that.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003

OMG. I have completely changed my position on guns.

RobinHood5

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2012
I would love to see them try. Can you imagine if something like this actually happened? Every gun owner in america united against the government? We'd have a revolution on our hands.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
I would love to see them try. Can you imagine if something like this actually happened? Every gun owner in america united against the government? We'd have a revolution on our hands.

Well if that happened we'd definitely have a lot of dead gun owners on our hands.

People thinking their guns will help "defend themselves" against the "big bad government" are delusional.

Mousse

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Best joke I've heard all day.

So who's gonna carry out the warrant to imprison gun owners? The police (who are registered gun owners themselves)? The Military (again, registered gun owners:rolleyes:)? Oh, maybe we can politely ask all these registered gun owners to kindly file into our over crowded prisons, single file of course.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm crazy 5 days a week, but even I take 2 days off the crazy train. Oh, BTW, I'm opposed to gun ownership.

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
You do know it was satire, right?

This isn't a real petition.

You're not going to be imprisoned, and no more than the slim minority (likely not even 1%) would really want that.
Yes, I understand it isn't a real petition, however those people signing it are real.

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
Yes, I understand it isn't a real petition, however those people signing it are real.
Wait.. you know that this is fake, and you are astonished about people signing it, knowing that it is a a joke??!

Then what is your point here? You know this isn't going to happen, yet you are acting completely astonished about this entire thing going on.

Either you're wanting to talk about the gullibility of people, or this is the dreaded "T" word in relation to your favourite subject on this forum.. Either way, this is a perfect candidate for /wasteland.

BL.