Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noelmac75

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2003
UK
Which do you think is the better display, the apple studio display 17" or the Formac Gallery 1740, I heard that the casing on the formac is not as strong as the apple, but the quality of the lcd is better than the apple, is this true, give me your opinions on which is the better one.

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
tis true. the formac is a better LCD. the apple is a better case.

also apple has a lower dead ixel standard than formac.

i dont know if the formacs have either a) the USB hub like apple or b)the power switch for the cpu.

good luck

noelmac75

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2003
UK
Originally posted by benixau
tis true. the formac is a better LCD. the apple is a better case.

also apple has a lower dead ixel standard than formac.

i dont know if the formacs have either a) the USB hub like apple or b)the power switch for the cpu.

good luck

Which is more important the better lcd or the case, i dont know which one to get, i've seen the apple display before but never the formac, it looks really nice design, but it does look quite weak at the back, the apple looks made of steel and clear plastic and a thicker back on it, whats the power switch for the cpu, would the formac have any bigger screen size than the formac, also whats this contrast ratio all about?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.