Stumped by inability to open URLs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hakr100, Jul 12, 2012.

1. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

I have a friend in a distant state to whom I iMessage URLs once in a while, pretty straightforward stuff, from news sites or youtube or the like. She gets the iMessages on her iPhone 4s, but she is unable to open the URLs.

Perhaps there is a setting on her iPhone that is not set or...mis-set, but I haven't a clue as to what to advise her to do. Is some additional software package needed that she can download?

I have no problem with these URLs on my iPhone 4s.

Here is a shortened version of a URL I sent her:

http://tinyurl.com/73lxq8w

I can open that tiny URL or the full version without a problem. She can't open either.

Advice, please...thanks!

2. cynics macrumors G3

Ask her to reboot the phone. Press and hold the home and power button until she sees the apple logo.

She won't lose any data or anything.

This usually fixes any mild glitches with an iPhone. I've had strange things like that happen. Matter just yesterday my volume buttons stopped working, simple reset fixed it somehow.

3. hakr100 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks...I will ask my friend to give that a try...nice if it would be that easy to resolve! ;)

4. cynics macrumors G3

You'll be surprised. iPhone's are made to be simple and user friendly. So they don't require much when work when it comes to doing a task as simple as opening a URL, which opened fine on my 4S btw.

5. hakr100 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks...according to my buddy, your "fix" suggestion did the trick! :D