- Jul 30, 2009
Just caught this at Engadget link. Interestingly, the source of this info has requested the original website with the info to remove it, which they have.
Not since the Vaio Z has a 13" notebook had me salivating like a mule. Ok I'll summarise what I'm finding exciting as rumored:
- LIGHTEST 13" Notebook at <1kg (<2.3lbs) - Remember MBA is 3lbs and Adamo XPS (while superthin) is 3.2lbs. Vaio X is 1.6lbs though is 11"
- Core i3, i5 AND i7 Options! They have mentioned i7-620 but not whether M or UM (big difference in TDP and Clock speed) EDIT - MUST be the i7-620M as it says "Standard Voltage CPU" - this means 2.66-3.33 GHz Clock!!
- 512GB SSD - Fierce
- 4GB RAM
- "Super Charged ion Battery" - Apparently charges from 0 to 90% in prototypes in less than 10 MINUTES!
- Blaze Mountain CPU cooling" - No info RE what this actually is but any new cooling approach is good news - This could well be the key to the entire system, I can't wait to find out what this is
- USB 3.0 - Yes please!
- "Long battery life" - no further details
The major excitement here for me is that it demonstrates plausibility for major hardware upgrades on the MBA - and the exact reason why I won't buy this before seeing Apple's MBA update is the biggest likely weakness for this system (for me) - No OSX.
Bring on WWDC!
Summary retrieved by Engadget: