STUPID Grain of sand under coat of paint on my 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Andrew K., Nov 6, 2008.

1. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

So I just got my replacement iPhone back which I exchanged from a horrible light leak and very loose angry loud vibration function and I get back what seems to be a perfect phone , no light leaks and the vibrate mode is smooth then I turn the phone over and by the literature under the "iPhone 16GB" tag there is a tiny bump UNDER the black coat of paint? I know it's dumb but I think everyone deserves a perfect product for how much we paid ( and no apple store so exchanging takes long) , I know its small and unoticeable and DUMB but I still know it's there! I know, but why do you do this to me apple why?! :) I 'm just venting tell me I'm dumb for being so nitpicky

2. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

Sorry cant tell you that your being dumb. I had the tiniest piece of lint under my screen on the very edge that you could hardly even see but it drove me crazy knowing it was there. I took it in, girlfriend making fun of me the whole way, and I think the genius finally just said he saw it and swapped it out. Just go get it swapped, it will drive you crazy until you do.

3. pkagel macrumors regular

The lint under the screen would drive me nuts but on the back of the phone, who cares. It's going to get scratched anyway unless you have a case on it and if you have a case on it then you'll never see it anyway. I'd say suck it up. It's a phone, not a classic Mercedes.

4. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

i had the same thing you describe and it was on the back under the paint, didnt really bother me since it was in a case, and also there were a few other things wrong with it so i got it replaced