STUPID ICLOUD RESTORE OVER 6 HOURS, TRIED different days, No resume feature

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rob82aus, May 20, 2012.

1. rob82aus macrumors newbie

OK.
    I officially hate ICLOUD.

I realise, that you dont need to restore your phone everyday and its only ocassionally that you need to do it.

However, I have a 800mb ICloud backup file that i'm trying to restore to my iphone 4s.

It has taken over 6 hours, I then, silly me, wanted to do it AGAIN to see whether it would be as slow, and low and behold, it is.

Now before you tell me its my connection speed. I've got a 20 mbps connection, however i also tried this at apple.

I have now succesfully completed my Third restore, and each time for 800 mb it has taken over 6 hours.

I cannot believe the amount of problems i've had.
    TO make it even more frustrating about 5 hours into 2 of the backups, my network must have dropped, resulting on me to have to start ALL OVER AGAIN.

Thats correct, ALL OVER AGAIN. Think apple were smart enough to include an ICLOUD RESUME feature if something happens??? /think again.

I hate ICLOUD, also i have heard that for those people who think they can back up photos to icloud, THINK AGAIN. When you go to restore your photos, they arent the full quality.

I've never written on a forum in my life before, im 30 years old. BUT Im so pissed off at this goddamn ICLOUD that i'm inclined to write my first POST.

2. DroidRules, May 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2012

DroidRules macrumors 65816

Don't use iCloud.... You're problem solved.

Not sure why you had so much of an issue. I've never experienced this problem.

3. rob82aus thread starter macrumors newbie

ok mate. I wont, believe me.
    HOwever i'm trying to avoid other people having the same problem.

4. DroidRules macrumors 65816

I have not experienced this issue with iCloud, not saying you're not. Without knowing why you're having the issue it's kinda tough for others to possibly avoid the issue. You said you did it at apple and had the same issue. What did they have to say?

5. DefBref macrumors 6502

Your backup on icloud may only be 800Mb but that number doesn't include any apps or other itunes media you have that are also restored as part of the backup.

Thats why it takes longer than you think. Although 6 hours is a really long time so that might not explain it unless you have a full 64Gb of apps etc.

I think the last time I did a full restore from icloud to my 16Gb iphone it took about an hour.

6. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I think you would be less upset if your network hadn't of caused two of the backups to fail.
    While I agree with others, that 6 hours is a bit much, I'm wondering how much frustration was caused by the crashes of the network.

I'm not blaming you at all, its not your fault. But just trying to separate the cause and affect.

7. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

8. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Stick with iTunes for restoring and backups...it really is a lot faster and convenient